Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to connect footwell lights? If so how because I couldn't seem to be able to get to the wiring to the built in interior lights because it is mounted to the roof lol :shock:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ive just installed a couple leds in myn mate.. I worked them off the Cigarette lighter, there is two wires, the coloured is positive and black, negative...

The peice of trim with the Gear lever, cig lighter and usb just pull up, be careful but i would be surprised if you break anything as ive had mine up a few times without breaking anything... i just put the wires in and electrical taped them with a little bit of excess wire forcing them in the sockets..

Do you think it would be better for me to splice the wires or just as i am? it seems to be working fine... this is also where i added my subs remote wire...

·
Registered
961 Posts
The earlier Corsa Ds had factory footwells lights in both the front and rear sill trims until about 2010 and later ones had just the front ones (cost cutting) but still had the wiring for the rears, then they were removed completely but to my knowledge still had all the wiring so you simply cut out the templates on your sill trims and clipped in the light units bought from the Vauxhall dealers parts dept/eBay/breakers etc and plugged them into the wiring. Dead simple. I now wonder with the D and E being so similar if the E has the wiring looms in place for them too.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
georgeripp said:
Ive just installed a couple leds in myn mate.. I worked them off the Cigarette lighter, there is two wires, the coloured is positive and black, negative...

The peice of trim with the Gear lever, cig lighter and usb just pull up, be careful but i would be surprised if you break anything as ive had mine up a few times without breaking anything... i just put the wires in and electrical taped them with a little bit of excess wire forcing them in the sockets..

Do you think it would be better for me to splice the wires or just as i am? it seems to be working fine... this is also where i added my subs remote wire...
Did you add a switch or is your footwell constantly lit up when your car is on? If its the latter, pretty bad idea imo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
LimeyUK said:
georgeripp said:

Did you add a switch or is your footwell constantly lit up when your car is on? If its the latter, pretty bad idea imo.
No switch, why do you think its a bad idea mate?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Well if the footwell is constantly lit up, it's more drain on the battery and alternator than is needed, thus causing drops in MPG unnecessarily.

Plus, why would you want it lit up constantly when driving?

·
Registered
36 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Well if the footwell is constantly lit up, it's more drain on the battery and alternator than is needed, thus causing drops in MPG unnecessarily.

Plus, why would you want it lit up constantly when driving?
True, How would i go about adding a switch for both sides using only one switch, to be honest i dont think they use alot of power, however it would be nice to choose when they are on or not!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jarviser said:
i would want to switch them off on a dirty foggy night.
I have spare adhesive strips and you can change the location of them in about 10 seconds and depending on placement they can either light up the whole footwell really bright or you can tuck them away and you get a very subtle light! So technically I can tone them down but if its gonna cause problems with the battery during the day I might put in a switch!

·
Registered
356 Posts
To add a switch you run the positive from the cigarette lighter to one side of the switch then run the two lives from the leds to the other side of the switch.

You just keep the earth's the same.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Iv wired my footwell lights to my interior light so when you open the door they come on and as soon as u shut the door they go off took me about hour to install led's :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
kingy100king said:
Iv wired my footwell lights to my interior light so when you open the door they come on and as soon as u shut the door they go off took me about hour to install led's :)
Any photographs kingy?

Where did you run the cable exactly?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts