Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Does anyone feel like the front grill looks cheap because of the one nice gloss bit?

Really trying to think of a way to make this look much better?

Anyone else feel the same?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
What trim do you have? I can't say I've noticed a problem with the grill on mine but my LE has a black grill bar not a chrome and it matches the glossy black mirrors and roof. Is that the difference? I have seen some with chrome grill bars and I don't like them.

Mine with black grill bar:

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have the LE, The plastic under that lovely gloss bit is what I'm on about.

I'd rather the whole front grill be glossy.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Ah I see. That should be easy to fix if you can get the grill out of the bumper? A rub down and coat of Halfords plastic primer, gloss black and then heavy duty PU lacquer to finish? I used the same paints to do the shock absorbers on my Land Rover and they are still as good as the day they were painted 3 years/15K miles later :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mud4fun said:
Ah I see. That should be easy to fix if you can get the grill out of the bumper? A rub down and coat of Halfords plastic primer, gloss black and then heavy duty PU lacquer to finish? I used the same paints to do the shock absorbers on my Land Rover and they are still as good as the day they were painted 3 years/15K miles later :)
Now that sounds like a good idea!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Do you know what, I have never looked at the grill that closely before and now you've mentioned this I'm not that keen on it myself! Not just for the colour but for the odd shapes to those slats?

Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive tire

I prefer the pattern in the VXR grill.

Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Car

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I feel bad, everyones gonna hate me for this haha.

The VXR one is much nicer but i wonder how much that will set me back.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, I'll wait. Won't be long before the VXR's start appearing in breakers as crash damaged.... While I agree the grill is not great, I'm not distressed enough to pay out a fortune for a new VXR one!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't think they'd wrap the grill. You'd have to sand it, primer and spray it. I was thinking of doing mine red to match the car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts