Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Does anyone feel like the front grill looks cheap because of the one nice gloss bit?

Really trying to think of a way to make this look much better?

Anyone else feel the same?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
What trim do you have? I can't say I've noticed a problem with the grill on mine but my LE has a black grill bar not a chrome and it matches the glossy black mirrors and roof. Is that the difference? I have seen some with chrome grill bars and I don't like them.

Mine with black grill bar:

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Ah I see. That should be easy to fix if you can get the grill out of the bumper? A rub down and coat of Halfords plastic primer, gloss black and then heavy duty PU lacquer to finish? I used the same paints to do the shock absorbers on my Land Rover and they are still as good as the day they were painted 3 years/15K miles later :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mud4fun said:
Ah I see. That should be easy to fix if you can get the grill out of the bumper? A rub down and coat of Halfords plastic primer, gloss black and then heavy duty PU lacquer to finish? I used the same paints to do the shock absorbers on my Land Rover and they are still as good as the day they were painted 3 years/15K miles later :)
Now that sounds like a good idea!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, I'll wait. Won't be long before the VXR's start appearing in breakers as crash damaged.... While I agree the grill is not great, I'm not distressed enough to pay out a fortune for a new VXR one!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.