Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today it's been really rainy and after work on the way home I obviously put the wipers on. The problem I have is that the right one (one closest to driver side) seems to be loose or something because when it is in motion it jolts across the windscreen and it's really loud and annoying!

Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Called Vauxhall and they said make sure the wiper blade is clean. It is! But they said they might not be able to do anything about it because it's an item of 'wear and tear'. Imo I shouldn't be having this kind of problem 2 months down the line having done barely 800 miles!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is it loose? Usually a 13 mm nut holding it to the spline, dont over tighten,
Do the blades feel smooth? No dirt trapped under them?

Also if it is loose, would it not be right to question if it was properly checked at the pdi?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi D3RV15H sorry you having problems, had my car nearly 3 months now & not had any windscreen wiper problems & the response from your
VX Dealer is not very helpful ? at least they could have offered to look at your problems first as could be more than a simple wiper blade replacement.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The blades do feel smooth and there doesn't seem to be any dirt at all. I'll check the nut tomorrow to see if it is loose.

Yea I did wonder if it may be something that was overlooked at initial inspection. My pre inspection checks haven't been completed in the booklet so, maybe.

It's really bugging me though!

·
Registered
55 Posts
D3RV15H. I had the same problem, but I got the Garage to check it out when I was trying to sort my Rattle in the boot. Wiper was ajusted or replaced and since no problem. I hope this helps a little. Maybe worth checking with Garage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's funny I had this problem with both wind screen wipers when I first used the, in the rain. However I used them today and they were fine. Makes me wonder whether they have to be "broken in". I've never had a new car and to be honest any new blades I've had before haven't had this problem. So I'm a bit clueless. All I know is that mine doesn't seem to jutter across the screen anymore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
its probably silicone on the rubber part of the blade or windscreen, clean the rubber blade and screen with brake cleaner and this should fix it, if it doesnt garage should put a new one on, tell them its been like it since new, but this is the first chance youve had to get in to them

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting. Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll head down to Vauxhall tomorrow to see what they say.

One question I've got is, will Vauxhall be funny about me having painted my calipers? Can just imagine them saying something like 'Well, because you've painted your brake calipers that's why your wiper blades aren't working correctly!'

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just at Vauxhall now. Took a bit of convincing to get them to actually look at the car! Which was frustrating. They said try newspaper and it'll go away......which I wasn't having.

So they're looking at it now. We'll see what happens I guess.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh I don't doubt that newspaper works, I know it does. But seeing as the previous day to me noticing this issue I had washed my car and cleaned the windscreen with Autoglym Car Glass Polish I could guarantee that there were no residues on there of any kind.

Anyway, they changed the wiper blade. Issue still happening. Changed the wiper arm. Issue still happening. So now they're going to be ordering something like the linkage to see if this rectifies the problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.