Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I've having an issue with the fuel indicator. The bar at the top is displaying only one bar while the car computer is telling me there's still 150 miles remaining in the tank. Which should I believe?!

Many thanks

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Mine did this too. Computer showed 150'ish miles left but gauge was down to last bar. When I filled up it only took 32 litres. I'm told the tank is 45. As I was averaging 48mpg there probably was a good chance I would have got the 150. I wasn't prepared to risk it as I haven't done enough fill ups yet to get a good feel for it. My fuel gauge also goes up as well ad down! On initial start up it sometimes shows less bars than when I've been driving for a few miles so the gauge goes up. It does the same if I suddenly do a long motorway run after doing some in town journeys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
when OBC was showing around 80 miles I filled up and it took only 35.6 litres , after 400 miles my avg mpg is 39 and if tank is having 45 liters that means I got left another 2 good gallons of fuel. I'm looking on next fill up to go down until OBC will warn me to find a station and see if truly has 45 litres tank!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, I'd carry a jerry can with some spare fuel just in case! ;-)

·
Registered
961 Posts
I thought it was 48 litres, also my car did the same, 1 bar left but 120 mile range, and it has gone up before as well, this is a common Vauxhall problem, they've always had iffy gauges, particularly Corsa D's, put in £10 and the gauge won't move from what its already at straight away, drive for 10 miles or so and it will go up by itself almost as if by magic.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had a similar problem.

The first few bars on the fuel gauge went down quite fast but after that it slowed down. The last two bars lasted for a lot more miles in comparison.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts