Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get the gap insurance from my vauxhall dealer,I have been informed that it is better to shop around. So I did a search and found autotrader gap insurance for half the cost of the dealer.Has anybody else tried doing this?if so where did you go?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Best GAP quote I got was not much less than Vauxhall, £8 a month, difference is paying separately means you aren't paying interest on the gap cover over 3 years.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
£420! Eek, I got quoted £300 for my 1.4 turbo 3 Dr LE, does age/postcode affect the quotes? I'm 46 and live in the sticks. Your £211 sounds great.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is for a 1.4 non turbo 3 door LE and I live in London they never asked my age,oh and I'm 56 must be the London thing.I think I will go for the on line deal, and just got a voucher which brings it down to £189

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Wow, that is a huge saving over the VX price, proves the point about shopping around. I guess London postcode must influence prices though. May I ask what your insurance is? I've been quoted £270 a year fully comp, for my wife and myself, 15K a year, protected no claims and breakdown/EU travel cover. However I think that is quite expensive as I only pay £150 a year on a very heavily modified 1960 Land Rover with agreed value and unlimited mileage!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have just been quoted £116 for 3 years by ala ( £125.99 by Direct Debit ) for my Corsa SE 1.4i Auto I hope to pick up on Wednesday, much cheaper than the dealer so having a good think now.

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thanks mud4fun, as my car has been delivered over 4 weeks early I have saved this on my current Corsa finance so well chuffed with that.
Have checked another couple of sites & get similar figures - Which.co.uk is worth a look as they got a comparison table with several companies listed.

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Further to my previous GAP information - using the on-line 2015 Discounts I have got a reduced ALA Gap Quote as follows: £107.88 for 3 years
cover or ( £117.89 by direct debit over 10 months ). So it pays to keep looking.

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Rob, got a phone call & further reduction this morning from ALA - latest quote now £104.40 or ( £114.39 Direct Debit over 10 months ) so getting better all the time.

Approved 10% from an on-line offer. Hope you guys can get similar results.

Derek

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just been quoted £105 from gap 123 .I am getting
a 1.2LE 3dr after 1st March on a pcp. I've just read about
Rob getting a discount from ALA but 123 is still cheaper.
gapinsurance.com seems to be the cheapest available
according to Which.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Just looking into this myself. I think my current insurer offers gap for the first year but I will need to check this. ALA have quoted me £116, but that's without the discount code from this forum. What have other people taken out? I didn't bother with the Ibiza as I had the one from the insurer.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Leachie, GAP insurance basically doesn't exist for new vehicles anymore - it's VRI, Vehicle Replacement Insurance now.

Most GAP insurance policies only cover what you've paid compared to the cars value. VRI pays whatever the cost of a like for like car is new at the time of your claim, and if your model no longer exists, you can get a brand new model at the same price like for like.

I got VRI for free, my dealer deferred it a year as my insurer covers the first year. It means I'm covered right up til year 4, meaning I only have 1 year out of the insurance in which I will still be paying for the car.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wish I had heard of ALA before I purchased my car, I got GAP with the dealer, could of saved a few bob! I know what I will be doing on my next car purchase..... thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.