Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, had the car in the garage regarding all the issues which i have listed on here previously and all have been sorted (which were not driver error btw!).

The only one thing that is a debate at the moment is the gearbox. As i have said before, it is very stiff and knotchy going in to 1st & 2nd, sometimes struggles to engage/doesnt feel like its fully in. The dealer is saying that he can relate to what i mean and he has test drove another corsa and its the same so is therefore not a fault but a "Characteristic of the car". Having heard previous responses from you guys on the gearbox i can assume that all your 5 speeds arent knotchy?

When i asked him to check the clutch, pressure plate, gearbox oil, linkage etc etc etc. he said they had but wouldnt produce written confirmation of that and apparently there was no job card for the car. Also, when i went to pick up the car they hadnt left my keys with the dealer and have made no attempt to get them to me back to me since last Thursday.

Any help guys?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
My dads 5 speed is knotchy - i suspect it is just the gear box. The 6 speed is slick and smooth though.

Garages sometimes won't write stuff up to save hassle, and it means you can't be charged for it too. Regarding your keys, keep pestering them until you get it back.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Nah, it is literally just the gearbox. Most VX gearboxes are clunky, they've just managed to make the 6 speed better somehow.

Previous VX gearboxes felt like they needed a sledgehammer to get them into gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts