Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is it difficult or notchy going into second? On older cars it usually means the synchro is worn, or the clutch itself, could need adjusting,

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is the noise a sort of grinding? Could be you need to push clutch more

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
VX gearboxes have always been clunky IMO, older ones needed a sledgehammer just to get it into gear :lol:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've got the 1.4na and have the same problem, when the car is cold second is hard to find or and crunches slightly. Once things have warmed up its fine

·
Registered
454 Posts
Been out today and found that if a change from first to second slower all is fine may just be the box is a bit slow

·
Registered
454 Posts
Not sure if it's the same box but I know the corsa d had issues like this. The fix was grease in the shaft so the plate could move freely. It's listed as a known fault for the corsa d in autodata

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I've not noticed this issue with mine. I have the 6 speed box which AFAIK is brand new for the Corsa E. I've found it to be one of the smoothest changing boxes I've had. I've also been pushing it hard with very rapid changes while doing some 0-60 testing and not had any issues so I would say it is not a standard feature of the box to be stubborn into 2nd. May be worth monitoring it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Gonna see how it goes this week Ian then get on to vx if still a problem I've only got the 5 speed box which could be the same as the corsa d. I assume they would have sorted the problem but you never know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts