Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Am i right in thinking only the SRi has the trip computer which gives fuel range and mpg etc.?

We've just got an Energy (a/c), little disappointing it doesn't seem to have it. (we love the car otherwise!)

I was wondering if there's anyway to get it that's hidden or anything or if the difference is a physical one?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Sadly, the mpg screen has been removed from Energy trim. I have an Energy and it's taken me 7 weeks to get used to not having an mpg screen. My previous car had it and I always had that info displayed. It's very disappointing seeing as MY15 Excites had the full mftc. They have given Energy a digital speedo which is not needed as they have the new speedo with markings on 30, 50 and 70 mph anyway! Oh, and we gain heated door mirrors that Excites didn't have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I do the like the digital speedo but seems daft to remove the other trips. The corsa is actually the wifes car, I've got an Astra J SRi which has the trips and the digital speedo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
LeachiE said:
Sadly, the mpg screen has been removed from Energy trim. I have an Energy and it's taken me 7 weeks to get used to not having an mpg screen. My previous car had it and I always had that info displayed. It's very disappointing seeing as MY15 Excites had the full mftc. They have given Energy a digital speedo which is not needed as they have the new speedo with markings on 30, 50 and 70 mph anyway! Oh, and we gain heated door mirrors that Excites didn't have.
Have a look at the posts on this link.

http://www.corsaeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1650&start=10

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The LE will almost certainly still have the MFTC, Energy is probably the only trim to have had it removed.

·
Registered
961 Posts
LimeyUK said:
The LE will almost certainly still have the MFTC, Energy is probably the only trim to have had it removed.
Am I correct in saying the Excite was never supposed to have it fitted but most/all did have it? All the brochures, spec lists, guides and so on that I've read make no mention of its inclusion in Excite spec but everything I've read specifically lists it as a feature on LE, SRi, VX-Line and SE spec. Even the comprehensive official price and spec guide which lists absolutely everything every model has has a column with a list of features down the side and across the top all the model names and when it comes to multi function trip computer it has a solid black dot for all the agore mentioned models which according to the key means its standard equipment. The Excite it is just blank like its not available even as an optional extra at additional cost.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I reckon it will be along those lines Hendry, no where does it say it has MFTC - although my dealer actually told me it did have it before I had purchased it too, so they obviously knew it was there on all Excites at least?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Try looking on the confirator. Have not looked in the last couple of weeks but until then if you configured an Energy it clearly showed the mpg screen - as does the my16 brochure. It's not even the same screen as the LE/SRI etc, shows a different aspect, but clearly with mpg showing. This is very misleading if something clearly shown is not going to be in supplied vehicle. It may not please those who paid for a higher spec but the vehicle supplied must have the attributes of the one ordered. The manufacturer must clearly show that the spec is inferior, not expect customers to 'guess' that you won't get what you see! Hence I think why they are considering correcting the 'error'!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
SteveB said:
Try looking on the confirator. Have not looked in the last couple of weeks but until then if you configured an Energy it clearly showed the mpg screen - as does the my16 brochure. It's not even the same screen as the LE/SRI etc, shows a different aspect, but clearly with mpg showing. This is very misleading if something clearly shown is not going to be in supplied vehicle. It may not please those who paid for a higher spec but the vehicle supplied must have the attributes of the one ordered. The manufacturer must clearly show that the spec is inferior, not expect customers to 'guess' that you won't get what you see! Hence I think why they are considering correcting the 'error'!
I've had a look at the configurator and can't see what you are seeing. Do you have a link at all? I only have the 1st edition, 2015 models brochure.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jarviser said:
that brochure is a mish mash of information because on one page for example it says the only interior trim you can get in an SRI is Lace Cloth, then on the next page where its going on about the different dash inserts that are available, e.g. piano black, piano black with white insert, piano black with red insert, piano black with yellow insert, it says the red insert is only available on certain colours of SRI but only if it has Network Moonray cloth interior trim, which it obviously wont have as its no longer available, only lace cloth is, so conflicting info.

I also noticed in the original MY2015 brochure that the front seats in the LE and SRI are listed as having map pockets on the rear of them. when mine and every other SRI and LE ive seen dont, only the SE does.

·
Registered
59 Posts
LeachiE said:
SteveB said:
I've had a look at the configurator and can't see what you are seeing. Do you have a link at all? I only have the 1st edition, 2015 models brochure.
Configurate an 'Energy' model same as you have, on a computer with good connection, not mobile or tablet. The. Look at chosen vehicle. You can use zoom to see close up pics of display - clearly shows mpg readout on Energy. I have screenshot but on holiday till next Thursday so I don't have access to file I don't think.Make sure you look using newish computer though, some older ones do dot fully support the zoom function in the configurator. If you give me email address I'll send you the screenshot next week.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure could rely on that for proof, certainly over the specification list(s). I haven't really looked at it much but assume most of the pictures in the configurator were just generic across all models

·
Registered
59 Posts
Display does change according to vehicle picked. Even some options change display type according to specs. Worked for me but I guess once car is accepted without full display any argument is more difficult. Configurator does state that what you see does depend on options but I picked the correct options so expected display to be as shown - this was accepted. Hopefully configurator has been corrected now if Vauxhall intend to continue producing these vehicles with lower display. My dealer is now telling all purchasers this until Vauxhall makes a decision and informs them.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
hendry said:
Jarviser said:
that brochure is a mish mash of information because on one page for example it says the only interior trim you can get in an SRI is Lace Cloth, then on the next page where its going on about the different dash inserts that are available, e.g. piano black, piano black with white insert, piano black with red insert, piano black with yellow insert, it says the red insert is only available on certain colours of SRI but only if it has Network Moonray cloth interior trim, which it obviously wont have as its no longer available, only lace cloth is, so conflicting info.

I also noticed in the original MY2015 brochure that the front seats in the LE and SRI are listed as having map pockets on the rear of them. when mine and every other SRI and LE ive seen dont, only the SE does.
i

Original Brochures will be the least accurate as they are printed early based on mockups and pre production vehicles. They cant wait until real production starts to print brochures. They bring out an update later. Configurator is run by programmers, probably in Hungary or India. Its a moot point what constitutes a legal spec given several conflicting sources. Man with two watches always unhappy becaue one is wrong, but doesnt know which. Or both.
Legal action would be interesting as the only person you can legally sue is the dealer. Vx know they are well protected. They are also a raggedy arsed multi national still recovering from chapter 11 bankruptcy. They dont give a stuff for our disappointment.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, I would hope there wouldn't be any legal action necessary. My dealer was very helpful. Problem with Vauxhall is getting them to understand problem!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The configurator actually has an asterix somewhere that says 'model shown may not represent actual model' or something like that.

I remember seeing it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts