Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Is it possible to hear Google Maps navigation voice from the Corsa speakers via Bluetooth? Because I tried to connect my Android phone via bluetooth, but I didnt hear the instructions of Google Maps. How can I solve this problem?
Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Csaszloc said:
Hi! Is it possible to hear Google Maps navigation voice from the Corsa speakers via Bluetooth? Because I tried to connect my Android phone via bluetooth, but I didnt hear the instructions of Google Maps. How can I solve this problem?
Thanks!
yes it is possible when i am using google maps if i'm listening to music on the bluetooth option the music stops to play the gps directions

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
As stated above, you need to be listening to music via BT for it to work.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Google Maps will audio through the bluetooth whatever source your music is playing from.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Do the maps show on the intellilink screen or is it just the audio you get?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
Do the maps show on the intellilink screen or is it just the audio you get?
Just the audio. Nothing other than BringGo is supported for sat navs.

Reddaz said:
Google Maps will audio through the bluetooth whatever source your music is playing from.
No it won't. You must be on Bluetooth connection to be able to use it. Just like if you use iPhones navigation, must be on the same source as what the phone is playing through - otherwise it will be speaking down a useless channel!

·
Registered
223 Posts
LimeyUK said:
Reddaz said:
No it won't. You must be on Bluetooth connection to be able to use it. Just like if you use iPhones navigation, must be on the same source as what the phone is playing through - otherwise it will be speaking down a useless channel!
Yes it does. When I am listening to USB or radio, my Google maps turns down the music and gives me navigation audio through the intelilink. All that is required is that your phone is connected to the intelilink. It is quite annoying to keep having the music fade and navigation audio over the top so most of the time I turn bluetooth off on my phone when I am using google maps in the car.

With what you are saying, the phone wouldn't ring through intellilink unless you were on the bluetooth setting!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
My Nokia Here+ sat nav app also feeds its voice through intellink and mutes the music automatically even when playing music from USB.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I'll have to test it out with my iPhone. To be fair, i think ive only tried it when im connected by cable for the audio.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My android handset, Nexus 5, when connected via Bluetooth, music via USB does *not* allow for the voice sat nav of google maps to be heard via the car's intellilink system.......

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I use 'Here Drive' sat nav on my windows phone and play my music off the same phone via USB, don't use bluetooth and the sat nav voice works fine and music mutes properly too. It probably depends on the phone too, some are fully supported some aren't. My Nokia 925 is on the official supported list, some of the newer iPhones and Android phones are not. My phone works better with intellilink than many of my friends and family iPhones or Android phones. However overall iPhone is the best supported for all functionality.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply :)
I should have known better and not guessed you were an iphone user.
The window's phone are very good, if only they were better publicised
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts