Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question guys, I was going somewhere last weekend, had a rough idea how to get there but Google mapped it on my phone which was Bluetoothed to the car, now because of this the directions were coming through the cars speakers which was great, however I couldn't listen to any music, the stereo was silent other than when the female voice on Google maps gave a direction, I was under the impression the music would still play and only mute/fade out briefly for the Google maps to give directions then the music would continue playing until the next direction caused the radio to mute again, certainly this is how factory fit sat navs work in any car ive driven, whilst I realise this is just my phone audio playing through the car rather than an inbuilt system I was sure my music from my phone would still play through the car via Bluetooth and mute briefly for each direction instruction and then resume, where am I going wrong?

·
Registered
356 Posts
In my car I need to be playing music from the phone to hear the navigation.

It does not work with the radio or a cd.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jarviser said:
Is the music on the phone or some other source?
It would have to be from my phone because if I'm listening to music via the radio or USB rather than have the source set to Bluetooth I wouldn't be able to hear the navigation instructions/directions because they are coming from my phone and only reason they are audible through the cars speakers is because its connected via Bluetooth but I thought I'd be able to listen to music off my phone via Bluetooth at the same time so that I'd be listening to thee music and the Google maps directions would interrupt/mute the music for the direction and then play music once the voice had finishes giving a direction, but maybe that's not possible or whatever I've done I've done wrong because all I get is silence/no sound until the female voice on Google maps gives a direction then silence again until the next instruction.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The navigation comes through my speakers and interupts my music when I play music from my phone.

I am on Android 5.1 if that makes a difference.

Hendry go into map settings and enable voice through Bluetooth. It might be turned off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts