Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't belive just how many chips in 2k this has on the bonnet. This also happens to be a problem with the astras my mrs gtc gets em all over the bumper n bonnet crap paint. Also is it me or is this forum died as not many new threads.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Can't say I've noticed any chips on mine and I've now done 3K miles, mostly on motorway though. Has one of your local roads recently had chippings laid? That did for my last pickup, ended up with dozens of chips due to people speeding past in the 10mph limit.

Agreed forum has gone a bit quiet. I've been really busy with work during the week and have been decorating house last couple of weekends so not really been on much. Maybe now the warmer weather is here everybody is busy getting jobs done. Also my Corsa is running perfectly so not much to report :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are light chips mainly only been up the motorway a few times and mainly used around town. Only noticed when i polished it today.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I can't say ive noticed any on mine either but ive not given it a good clean yet, also I now deliberately leave massive gaps on the motorway to avoid atone chips as my last car the screen was covered in them because, and I admit this, I used to sit too close to the people in front as I was always in a rush and would go as fast as possible even if that meant sitting up peoples hoop/sometimes tailgating. I now also annoy people by sometimes sitting at 20-25mph in town/urban/built up areas so as to leave a big gap there too, I do not want to have to paint any part of my car or renew the screen, I want the factory paint and screen on the car as long as possible to keep it original, and I also find no matter how good a bodyshop/painter is, the finish or fit is never as good as the factory paint.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Haven't got any on mine yet, not really noticed the forum dropping off. As Ian says maybe the time of year and weather

·
Registered
126 Posts
Not seen any on mine yet but my radiator is looking like its taken a few hits, may have to put a mesh behind the grill as the slots are quite big.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not noticed any on the bonnet with mine, although I did get one chip on the windscreen panel. I was driving down the motorway and heard a big bang! I deliberately stay away from other cars when I can too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts