Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not me before anyone says, was at a bigger Asda earlier at the retail park in Linwood (anyone from the west of Scotland will know where I mean) as my local one is small and doesn't have a lot of stuff I wanted, anyway theres loads of car showrooms there, driving past the Peugeot dealership and theyve got a 15plate Shiny Rock 1.4 T LE 3 door, with local plate (so its been privately owned, not an ex rental car or anything) and the plate has one digit different to my car and the Peugeot dealership is opposite the Vauxhall dealership my car and presumably that car came from too due to the reg. Obviously still looked immaculate and unmarked and as new, which you'd expect being as it due to the reg will be just over 3 months old if my cars reg date based on the similar reg is anything to go by. Up for £11,495 and its a standard car, no optional extras, So its a good saving on list price of £15,530. Even Arnold Clark's new price inc metallic paint is £12,740 so a huge saving for a practically brand new car but I just can't believe someone hated it so much they've got rid already and for a Peugeot of all things! They mustve lost a packet too, even if they paid £12,740 from Arnold Clark which I suspect they probably got about £10,250 trade in so they've lost £2500 on it in 3 months!

But yeah anyone reading this from Scotland and looking at an E but can't stretch to the price of one new, get over to Macklin Motors Peugeot at Linwood and snap this up before its gone!

·
Registered
455 Posts
It happens quite often, seen a fair few Audis etc all being up for sale for a portion of the new price but on new plates, marked as used. Unfortunately they're not to everyone's liking but you'd have to be a fool to buy a car you didn't like then fob it off for a Peugeot.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
There is red LE for sale used on a forecourt near me with just 1500 miles on clock. Also up for about £11.5K from memory. However that was on 14 plate. Still very soon to be swapping it!

·
Registered
455 Posts
mud4fun said:
There is red LE for sale used on a forecourt near me with just 1500 miles on clock. Also up for about £11.5K from memory. However that was on 14 plate. Still very soon to be swapping it!
14 aint so bad, someone I work with swaps her car every year on PCP - don't know how or why but she had a fiat 500 last year and now has an abarth so it's not un-heard of, I understand the 14 plate more as it's not 65 either so it's been about a year maximum - than the 15 plate version above

·
Registered
56 Posts
Been to a few garages this weekend and it seems a common thing that people buy a new car and the common theme from the salespeople is that for some reason or another they've hit financial problems and had to take a big hit with the car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
bobtheslark said:
Been to a few garages this weekend and it seems a common thing that people buy a new car and the common theme from the salespeople is that for some reason or another they've hit financial problems and had to take a big hit with the car.
That's another good reason - some people get the car revoked as they're unable to afford it, so they may not have had a choice, financial changes etc they may have to exchange it for a far cheaper one, so forth.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That car was the only 15 plate other make at any of the dealerships, and there were dealerships for Toyota, VW, Honda, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, MG, Mazda, Suzuki, Kia, Citroen, Vauxhall, Seat, Skoda, Ford and Peugeot, there were a good few 64 plate Ford's in the Vauxhall dealership, 64 plate Vauxhalls in the Citroen dealership etc but these were clearly all ex daily rentals from Thrifty, Enterprise, Arnold Clark's own hire fleet etc and most had plates registered down south, this car was SA15 same as mine, I can understand if the person who bought it suddenly had financial woes but you'd think they'd sell it back to the Vauxhall dealer rather than Peugeot as they'd get more for it as itd be more desirable to the Vauxhall dealer as easier for them to resell etc. Hence why I reckon this person just didn't like it and traded it for a Peugeot.

Still its a cracking buy, a practically brand new 1.4T LE for £11.5k.

·
Registered
455 Posts
hendry said:
That car was the only 15 plate other make at any of the dealerships, and there were dealerships for Toyota, VW, Honda, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, MG, Mazda, Suzuki, Kia, Citroen, Vauxhall, Seat, Skoda, Ford and Peugeot, there were a good few 64 plate Ford's in the Vauxhall dealership, 64 plate Vauxhalls in the Citroen dealership etc but these were clearly all ex daily rentals from Thrifty, Enterprise, Arnold Clark's own hire fleet etc and most had plates registered down south, this car was SA15 same as mine, I can understand if the person who bought it suddenly had financial woes but you'd think they'd sell it back to the Vauxhall dealer rather than Peugeot as they'd get more for it as itd be more desirable to the Vauxhall dealer as easier for them to resell etc. Hence why I reckon this person just didn't like it and traded it for a Peugeot.

Still its a cracking buy, a practically brand new 1.4T LE for £11.5k.
Could have swapped it for one of those tiny horrible Peugeot cars so they still had a car in theory?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.