Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading through the pricing and specification guide again earlier looking for something else and spotted a bit about the Intellilink which says "Music can be played either through the radio or from personal music players via USB connection, aux-in or Bluetooth® audio streaming. When played via USB, IntelliLink's built-in Gracenote® link provides song information and album artwork. Films and slide shows can also be viewed via the
USB connection"

Now any time I plug my ipod in via usb, it doesnt show any album artwork for any song (except ones ive bought off itunes which already have album artwork included) so how do I active this gracenote thing or get it to work, as its clearly not doing it automatically, yeah its a bit of a gimmick, wont make much difference and doesnt really matter, but if my car has a feature included in its spec I expect it to be there and work as it should.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Songs that aren't bought off a site i.e. Itunes don't include the album art information, this can be fetched via itunes (right click -> album artwork) but unless it has this it can't display it, it's part of the file to include the album art work and it does work as I've got a fair few albums with different artwork

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matthew said:
Songs that aren't bought off a site i.e. Itunes don't include the album art information, this can be fetched via itunes (right click -> album artwork) but unless it has this it can't display it, it's part of the file to include the album art work and it does work as I've got a fair few albums with different artwork
Mine does show album artwork for songs that have album artwork on my iPod itself which is fine but the brochure is worded like the built in gracenote automatically retrieves the song info and album artwork for every song you play via USB onto the Intellilink even if it doesn't currently have it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
hendry said:
Matthew said:
Mine does show album artwork for songs that have album artwork on my iPod itself which is fine but the brochure is worded like the built in gracenote automatically retrieves the song info and album artwork for every song you play via USB onto the Intellilink even if it doesn't currently have it.
That wouldn't be possible without an internet connection - it'll mean that it'll do what your iPod does and grab it, for ones that have it attached to the file (like the iPod) everything on your iPod without won't have it

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Probably only applies to On-Star models

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LimeyUK said:
my OnStar does not contact gracenote!
ipod and iphone .m4a music has album art associated with it, mp3 music does not.
so music on the iPod shows art IF it already had it eg Adele 25.
But if i play mp3 verson from the droid phone it shows no art and does not go looking for it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine displays the artwork on most of the tracks I downloaded to the usb stick. Not sure from where downloaded them....l'll ask my wife where she got them from

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LimeyUK said:
Nah it was the original MY2015 price and spec guide i was reading which doesnt have OnStar in it as it wasnt available at that point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts