Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andy from Belfast. New to the forum, my car is a 2015 Corsa 3dr LE 1.4 T in grey. Working on putting pics up, anyone any ideas on how to compress my photos? Says their too big. Cheers :geek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
895 Posts
Hi Andy welcome to the forum - looking forward to seeing your photos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help! Think ive got them uploaded now, see how this goes... Very new to forums please have patience with me haha :lol:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These photos dont do the car justice at all, will get better ones soon. Few bits and pieces planned for the car at the mo, heko wind deflectors, paint calipers etc all the usuals, but at the minute im just enjoying her! Honestly wouldnt change a thing with it, extremely happy I went with the corsa and not an adam as I had originally planned! :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
That 2nd picture shows a strong brown metallic tinge to the car. I have not been sure whether some cars that I've seen are asteroid grey or pepperdust as that is meant to be a dark metalic brown. In the sun these colours tend to look signficantly different to the configurator!

Nice car though, the best engine and trim level ;-) ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah theres definitely a gold tint to it when the sun hits it, one of my favourite things about the car! Had originally looked at adams in this colour and its called "the greyfather", nearly sure its Astroid grey on the corsas tho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Alee2403,

Can you do me a favour please and lose the stupidly large picture from your sig. Some of us are on slow internet connections and it is crippling page load times loading large signature pictures not to mention making the thread impossible to read because 99% of the page real estate is taken up by a repeated image.

Thanks,

Ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,287 Posts
mud4fun said:
Alee2403,

Can you do me a favour please and lose the stupidly large picture from your sig. Some of us are on slow internet connections and it is crippling page load times loading large signature pictures not to mention making the thread impossible to read because 99% of the page real estate is taken up by a repeated image.

Thanks,

Ian
agreed,photos should be in the form of a avatar not attached to a signature.thanks.
But a nice looking car looks söoo shiny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Alee2403 said:
Andy from Belfast. New to the forum, my car is a 2015 Corsa 3dr LE 1.4 T in grey. Working on putting pics up, anyone any ideas on how to compress my photos? Says their too big. Cheers :geek:
you need to set your camera to the lowest resolution. I had the same issue 1st time round.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Or use paint.NET on your PC or download an app to your phone. My Nokia came with a free photo editing app and that allows you to crop and resize. I'm sure similar apps are available for iphone and android.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Or use paint.NET on your PC or download an app to your phone. My Nokia came with a free photo editing app and that allows you to crop and resize. I'm sure similar apps are available for iphone and android.
Resizing doesn't solve it for me. By default my phones camera takes high res photos meaning the file is just too big :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
mud4fun said:
Or use paint.NET on your PC or download an app to your phone. My Nokia came with a free photo editing app and that allows you to crop and resize. I'm sure similar apps are available for iphone and android.
Resizing doesn't solve it for me. By default my phones camera takes high res photos meaning the file is just too big :lol:
Uh??

Higher quality means bigger pixel counts. So if your phone takes a picture at 8000 pixels wide and you resize that to 800 pixels wide the file size will reduce to a tenth of its original size.

In fact it will often reduce further if your phone takes pictures in other formats than .jpg and you save as .jpg.

My phone also takes high quality pictures, approx 6mb in size in highest quality widescreen format. I've managed to load them to the forum no problem at all by simply resizing to 800 pixel wide which reduces them in file size small enough to load up here.

It sounds like whatever resizing tool you are using is not working. Try paint.NET, it works perfectly. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
LimeyUK said:
Resizing doesn't solve it for me. By default my phones camera takes high res photos meaning the file is just too big :lol:
Uh??

Higher quality means bigger pixel counts. So if your phone takes a picture at 8000 pixels wide and you resize that to 800 pixels wide the file size will reduce to a tenth of its original size.

In fact it will often reduce further if your phone takes pictures in other formats than .jpg and you save as .jpg.

My phone also takes high quality pictures, approx 6mb in size in highest quality widescreen format. I've managed to load them to the forum no problem at all by simply resizing to 800 pixel wide which reduces them in file size small enough to load up here.

It sounds like whatever resizing tool you are using is not working. Try paint.NET, it works perfectly. :)
I can't reduce it by resizing as the image is literally just of the car, but yet it's still too big :lol:

I would use paint.NET but then I'd have to connect my phone to the PC, which I rarely have time to do :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Limey, you are getting confused.

Resizing an image is changing the actual image dimensions to a size small enough that causes the resulting file size to be very small. The image itself remains identical.

You are referring to cropping which is not what we are talking about. Cropping will not reduce the image size by much.

You need to find an app for your phone which has a resizing tool. Most allow you to resize by a %, so you can say reduce them to 25% of their current size or by setting a new physical pixel width or height while maintaining the correct aspect ratio.

Even the highest quality source photos will become small enough to upload if saved as .jpg files at 800 pixel wide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,902 Posts
Folks,

This is the sort of tool you will need to have access to:

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology


You can choose to resize by percentage or by a fixed width. For forum use I generally type in a new width of 800 pixels and set it to maintain aspect ratio or use 20%. The resulting file size should then be small enough to upload without issue. As show here where the image went from a calculated 27mb (above) to 1mb

The calculated values here are for reference, in my case the images are normall 4mb to start with and a reduction to 20% results in a filesize of just 250Kb when saved as .jpg files. Changing formats also reduces size as does choosing to exclude meta data etc.

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Limey, you are getting confused.

Resizing an image is changing the actual image dimensions to a size small enough that causes the resulting file size to be very small. The image itself remains identical.

You are referring to cropping which is not what we are talking about. Cropping will not reduce the image size by much.

You need to find an app for your phone which has a resizing tool. Most allow you to resize by a %, so you can say reduce them to 25% of their current size or by setting a new physical pixel width or height while maintaining the correct aspect ratio.

Even the highest quality source photos will become small enough to upload if saved as .jpg files at 800 pixel wide.
Derp, of course :lol: was obviously too early for me yesterday :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top