Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and hope there is some one who can help me. I purchased a Corsa 1.0 t 90 hp with the new 6-speed gearbox. and I have experienced that when I take it out slowly from 4.gear to neutral comes a grinding sound. the dealer says that all corsa says the sound, and it is quite normal. I have tried another Corsa with the same engine and gearbox, and it says it too, but it may well be two cars with the same problem. Are there others who have experienced the same problem? Best regards. Henrik. (Denmark)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Probably driver error more than anything else

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I have the 6 speed gearbox and I find it smooth and slick to change. I have no crunching and it slots into each gear cleanly and precisely. It is also very tolerant of rapid harsh changes. I know several others with this box feel the same as me so I would suggest that anybody experiencing crunching or stubborn changes has either got a faulty box, no oil in it, something not lubricated properly or they are not using the clutch properly. When I first got the car I did notice that the clutch pedal required more travel to achieve clean changes compared to my previous vehicle. However I got used to it quite quickly.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
I have the 6 speed gearbox and I find it smooth and slick to change. I have no crunching and it slots into each gear cleanly and precisely. It is also very tolerant of rapid harsh changes. I know several others with this box feel the same as me so I would suggest that anybody experiencing crunching or stubborn changes has either got a faulty box, no oil in it, something not lubricated properly or they are not using the clutch properly. When I first got the car I did notice that the clutch pedal required more travel to achieve clean changes compared to my previous vehicle. However I got used to it quite quickly.
Seconded. The clutch is the same for me too, it feels like it goes down forever :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do not think it is a driver error since it is only in 4.rd and the clutch is completely in the floor. and the error is apparent at about 25 mph. and again only when I change slowly. Rapid harsh changes is no problem at all...

·
Registered
501 Posts
Henrik said:
I do not think it is a driver error. the clutch is completely in the floor. and the error is apparent at about 25 mph. and again only when I change slowly. Rapid harsh changes is no problem at all...
yea definitely not driver error im going to film the crunch noise and get the clutch going all the way down at the same time. it really isnt smooth at all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts