Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that after parking my New Corsa SE, Automatic and applying the handbrake, the Brake Warning Light comes on as normal but when removing the ignition key the warning light remains On for a further 25 seconds before going off.

Thinking I had a problem I contacted Vauxhall who stated that this is normal for a few of the New Corsa Models.

There is no information regarding this delay in the current Owners Manual.

Has anyone else noticed this.

Derek

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What engines do you all have? Just wondering if it's a specific engine thing, eg 1.0 or 1.4t engines.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Guys, thanks for all your comments & concerns pleased its just not me with this problem. I had an initial response from VX Support by telephone 2 days ago indicating that this is normal on some New Corsa Models ?? & especially those that have Auto Light Sensors etc. I asked for a written response to my query and as yet nothing has been received so will soon be going back again.

Will keep you posted

Derek

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes its all part of the Auto Light Sensing, Central Locking etc on some Corsa Models I have been advised ?? very strange but still nothing in writing from VX Customer Services to explain why this occurs. As soon as I receive anything will post on here.

Derek

·
Registered
50 Posts
Strange, I have noticed too that it stays on after the key has been taken out of the ignition. But my LE doesn't have the auto lights pack.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I asked the dealer if it was normal for the light to stay on and he said all Vauxhalls do it now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Evening all - newcomer here !

Can someone confirm this is normal ?

My wife picked her new 1.0t LE up today and we have this handbrake light issues !

Supposed to be driving to Wales tomorrow so would appreciate confirmation that it's normal ?

As soon as you put the key in the light comes on - goes out when you take off the handbrake. When you park up it comes back on and stays on for about 25 seconds.

Quick response would be appreciated !

Love the car otherwise !

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi I have had this since delivery in February15 & have been advised that there are no problems - enjoy your trip to Wales.

Derek

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks mate thats great to hear :)

Knew that the service department wouldn't be open tomorrow and really want to take it too Wales !

thanks again

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes was a big worry for me to start with but don't think Vauxhall have a technical answer other than to say it's normal with the New Corsa on some models. As said earlier hope you enjoy your trip, and safe journey.

Derek

1 - 20 of 20 Posts