Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought some bulbs not so long ago to get rid of the horrible yellow looking stock bulbs but the power of them are terrible, struggle to see at night sometimes, just wondering if anyone had any recommendations

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Skimped out on the price i guess?

You need H7s i believe. Also make sure they're fitted correctly etc, and that your lamps a clean.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
lluk96 said:
Yeah got the correct bulbs and everything's clean just the bulbs output are terrible
possibly need to get better ones then - or maybe you got a bad batch.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Don't know on the corsa as mine are xenons, but it was fairly easy on the Astra, being H7 its a like for like replacement.
I should think it's pretty straight forward to do tho.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ChrisB said:
Don't know on the corsa as mine are xenons, but it was fairly easy on the Astra, being H7 its a like for like replacement.
I should think it's pretty straight forward to do tho.
Ah cool, wasn't sure if they were straight swap or needed a conversion. Cheers.

·
Registered
454 Posts
They will be a straight swap and take a few minutes to change. I changed my standard bulbs for night breaker ultimates. A lot better than standards

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Klesmy said:
They will be a straight swap and take a few minutes to change. I changed my standard bulbs for night breaker ultimates. A lot better than standards
Got a link for those nightbreakers?

Also, do the main beam and full beam take the same bulb just at different wattage? Or do are they different?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I got them from euro car parts twin pack for £17.99

I believe the dipped beams and main beam are both h7 with different reflectors within the headlight

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Great find. How are they for you?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Much better than the standard bulbs. Easy to fit as they are a straight swap and at that price well worth a look. The light is whiter and clearer. I haven't really driven at night much since fitting them but they do seem much better.

They also do the Phillips ones cheap

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does anyone know any replacement for the w5w lamps they are the daytime bulbs they are only 5w and they give that yellowish look which i hate on the car any brighter options?

·
Registered
454 Posts
tynamic said:
Does anyone know any replacement for the w5w lamps they are the daytime bulbs they are only 5w and they give that yellowish look which i hate on the car any brighter options?
Unless you have the my15 life or the my16 sting drls on the e are all led in uk

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Klesmy said:
tynamic said:
Unless you have the my15 life or the my16 sting drls on the e are all led in uk
As he's said they give a yellowish look, i'd guess they're not the LED ones (don't know what they use otherwise though?)? I know for sure the LED DRLs do not give off a yellow glare at all. (Mainly why i want to change my main beams to H7s.)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
LimeyUK said:
As he's said they give a yellowish look, i'd guess they're not the LED ones (don't know what they use otherwise though?)? I know for sure the LED DRLs do not give off a yellow glare at all. (Mainly why i want to change my main beams to H7s.)
5 watts is not enough to satisfy the DRL spec. Needs to be around 21W. The Corsa Ds have 5/21 watt twin filament DRLs, they switch from 21 to 5 when the headlights are switched on.
Sometimes Vx use a single 21w filament and use the computet to run them at a lower voltage to give 5W (my Astra stop/tail lights used that mechanism)
Either way avoiding errors fron the canbus thingy is the trick.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
LimeyUK said:
5 watts is not enough to satisfy the DRL spec. Needs to be around 21W. The Corsa Ds have 5/21 watt twin filament DRLs, they switch from 21 to 5 when the headlights are switched on.
Sometimes Vx use a single 21w filament and use the computet to run them at a lower voltage to give 5W (my Astra stop/tail lights used that mechanism)
Either way avoiding errors fron the canbus thingy is the trick.
So if not LEDs what would they use? Halogens?

·
Registered
152 Posts
i'll post a picture from my bulb kit that came with the car and of the car with the lights on so you guys can help me better

the bulb i'm holding is the one that goes to the day time lightning

Attachments

1 - 20 of 36 Posts