Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My corsa D had a feature when I opened the car the headlights would come on, I can't seem to find if on the E has anyone seen? Or do I need automatic lights

I only have the limited edition

·
Registered
961 Posts
SAFCliam said:
My corsa D had a feature when I opened the car the headlights would come on, I can't seem to find if on the E has anyone seen? Or do I need automatic lights

I only have the limited edition
Yeah I think you need sight and light pack for this.

On my SRi if you go into the settings menu on the Intellilink then I think vehicle settings tab, either that or comfort and convenience tab theres something on the list which says "vehicle locator lights" and you can toggle them on and off, the reason I think you need sight and light for that option is the LE I have just now doesn't have that setting anywhere, the other reason is when the locator lights at set to on, if you unlock the car in daylight the headlights don't come on, so the car clearly can tell its daylight and no point putting them on, only way itd be able to do that is by sending the difference between day mand night which must surely involve use of the auto light sensor of the sight and light pack. That side of it is kinda nifty but youd think they wouldve included the ability to make the lights come on on unlock on every car like they did with the E only on cars without sight and light the headlights come on every time the car is unlocked regardless of whether it's night or day.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yea pretty sure it's a function of sight and light pack. My brothers LE doesn't do it either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, it might be useless without this pack (headlights during day), but AFAIK, in D [at least in my cousin's one], you get headlights lightened, when you press and hold "open" button on remote control. Kinda weird, they couldn't do same here in E for guys without sight and light pack.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ThaweK said:
Well, it might be useless without this pack (headlights during day), but AFAIK, in D [at least in my cousin's one], you get headlights lightened, when you press and hold "open" button on remote control. Kinda weird, they couldn't do same here in E for guys without sight and light pack.
If you have the sight and light pack The lights only come on if it's dark enough to warrant them being on when you unlock. You don't have to long press or any of that crap.

·
Registered
80 Posts
LimeyUK said:
If you have the sight and light pack The lights only come on if it's dark enough to warrant them being on when you unlock. You don't have to long press or any of that crap.
ThaweK said:
for guys without sight and light pack.
Read again.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ThaweK said:
LimeyUK said:
ThaweK said:
for guys without sight and light pack.
Read again.
I read it perfectly fine. That's why i started with if. It was more of an informational post for those looking through the forums rather than an actual reply.

As Jarviser says, your post isn't all to clear.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Okay, make it simpler:
WITH sight n light pack (or whatever it's called):
> You can change optionin Intellink to automatically light headlights when it's dark
> It's obviously possible, as your car is equipped with light sensor
WITHOUT pack:
> You can't switch it, as this option is not showed in any intellilink options menu
> IF this option was available in our cars [w/o packs], headlights would turn on even during day
> It could be easily solved by adding a function to remote control:
>> Press "unlock" on remote control just unlock doors
>> Press and hold for few secs "unlock" on remote control unlock doors and turn on headlights (so we can hold our button during night :] )
> Trick with "pressing and holding" works successfully in Corsa D.

Sorry, if my last post wasn't that clear, I hope it's better now.

·
Registered
961 Posts
anthony said:
i don't have it, but the option in the menu it still there
None of the LE courtesy cars Ive had have had the option on the menu to turn it on, the option is for "vehicle locator lights" which I searched every part of the settings for in case it was in a different place to my SRi, not there at all on all 3 of them.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Jarviser said:
In my manual its called Welcome Lighting but it doesnt show the settings how to activate it. Only Exit lighting.
Yeah on the Intellilink settings I think it's in the vehicle settings or comfort and convenience settings then definitely vehicle locator lights because toggling that setting on and off then trying to unlock the car with it off the headlights dont come on, with it set to on the headlights, DRLs, tail lights and number plate lights all come on.

It's 1 of only 2 options on that screen, the other option is to set how long the "follow me home headlights" stay on for when you pull the stalk with the ignition off, 30, 60, 90 and 120 seconds.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yes Hendry found it under Vehicle Settings, lighting, Vehicle Locator Lights. I tested it by putting my hand over the windscreen sensor and unlocking with the fob single press. Headlights come on steady. To turn off headlights need to either lock again or turn on ignition. might use it on my short break in Norfolk middle of nowhere cottage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an SRi with sigh and light and its on the intellilink under comfort and convenience, when you unlock the car at night the lights come on

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
Yes Hendry found it under Vehicle Settings, lighting, Vehicle Locator Lights. I tested it by putting my hand over the windscreen sensor and unlocking with the fob single press. Headlights come on steady. To turn off headlights need to either lock again or turn on ignition. might use it on my short break in Norfolk middle of nowhere cottage.
It doesn't stay on forever, they go off but it takes a while I think.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts