Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have heated door mirrors on the corsa excite and which I added the winter pack on the car when I brought the car which I through it would have them??

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Winter pack doesn't include heated mirrors does it?

I have heated mirrors on my LE as standard and I don't have the winter pack. It was one of the key features for me.

I didn't think the excite had heated mirrors, they weren't on configurator. Mind you neither was multi function trip!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Yep Excite doesn't have heated mirrors, its not part of the winter pack which is heated seats and steering wheel only, although you'd think a car which has those parts heated would have heated mirrors and also you'd think they'd be the first thing on a winter pack.

Put your heated front and rear screens button on for about 5 mins and then touch your mirror glass, if its heated you'll know about it by doing that!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes, almost certainly the loom is the same for all trim levels so should be case of bolting on and plugging in some LE/SE/SRi ones. Dealer will confirm.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That's a good idea! When I enquired back in February, the salesman looked online for me as he thought heated mirrors were an option. I think at the time I knew more about the car than he did! :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
All of the dealers I spoke to, some said yes and some no for the Excite - I couldn't believe that nobody seemed to know for sure!

I did get an Excite A/C, but I've not tried out to see if it has them. Can't understand why they'd heat the steering wheel, and not the mirrors - madness!

·
Registered
141 Posts
mud4fun said:
Yes, almost certainly the loom is the same for all trim levels so should be case of bolting on and plugging in some LE/SE/SRi ones. Dealer will confirm.
The loom certainly isn't the same for all models, each loom is completely custom to that configuration build, it was the same with the Corsa D's

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not had the chance to see if my Corsa Excite a / c 1.4t has heated mirrors but I don't believe that starts till the LE onwards excluding the Desire. If you see the dealers Corsa booklet for trim and accessories it seems to be saying this.

·
Registered
90 Posts
When I picked up my Excite earlier it was one of the questions I asked (after the question appeared on here), and his immediate answer was yes it does, but haven't had a chance to test yet!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could you please check when you can as my corsa doesn't seem to have heated mirrors or they don't work if your car has got them I'm going to ring up my dealer and give them a little moan as they told me when I brought the car it has got the winter pack on it

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
hijamie32 said:
When I picked up my Excite earlier it was one of the questions I asked (after the question appeared on here), and his immediate answer was yes it does, but haven't had a chance to test yet!
I would be interested to know if Excite realy does have heated mirrors - I could live without a digital speedo I think, but heated mirrors are something I would really need.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The Excite A/C does not have Heated Mirrors - the Mirrors have a little sign on them to tell you if they are heated or not

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can confirm that I DO have heated mirrors! No sign saying but I switched on the heated windscreen (because its not hot enough already), before they were kinda warm but after a couple of minutes they were hot to the touch. I was parked in the shade so it was defiantly the car not the sun.

I do have blind spot detection though, so perhaps it comes standard with that?

Just thought I would let you know.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
FFS, some of the key reasons I went with the LE were because it had the multi function trip and heated door mirrors that on the configurator the lower priced models didn't have. OK, in my case I still prefer the LE and would probably still have gone for it but the price premium for the LE is meant to be because it has the features that lower models don't.

I'm very P'd off and will be making a complaint to VX about this. Deliberately misleading people with their configurator. Even their dealers haven't a clue as to what each trim level actually has so they are no help!

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
FFS, some of the key reasons I went with the LE were because it had the multi function trip and heated door mirrors that on the configurator the lower priced models didn't have. OK, in my case I still prefer the LE and would probably still have gone for it but the price premium for the LE is meant to be because it has the features that lower models don't.

I'm very P'd off and will be making a complaint to VX about this. Deliberately misleading people with their configurator. Even their dealers haven't a clue as to what each trim level actually has so they are no help!
I'm with you there 100%, that's why I bought SRi, I considered the Excite but found although it had sight and light, and winter pack it was missing some wee touches that would really have bugged me, like you I would probably still have gone for the model I bought because its a bit sportier insider and generally a nicer place to be but I agree wholeheartedly with what you've said.

·
Registered
223 Posts
hijamie32 said:
I can confirm that I DO have heated mirrors! No sign saying but I switched on the heated windscreen (because its not hot enough already), before they were kinda warm but after a couple of minutes they were hot to the touch. I was parked in the shade so it was defiantly the car not the sun.

Thanks for that. I haven't actually used the function properly yet to know if they are heated or not, i didn't think they were but fantastic if they are!!

mud4fun said:

You are right to complain, Id be pee'd off if I was in your position too.

I can't confirm if my side mirrors are heated or not at this point, I will certainly know for sure in the winter! I will turn the function on and see if the mirrors get hot and report back.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Reddaz said:
hijamie32 said:

Thanks for that. I haven't actually used the function properly yet to know if they are heated or not, i didn't think they were but fantastic if they are!!

mud4fun said:

You are right to complain, Id be pee'd off if I was in your position too.

I can't confirm if my side mirrors are heated or not at this point, I will certainly know for sure in the winter! I will turn the function on and see if the mirrors get hot and report back.
You will know for sure when you test ;) - they actually get really hot I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient they are.

As I said before it may be because of the blind spot detection which has to have electronic components in the glass anyway, so why not throw in the heating element as well - although that's only a guess!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Just a point here guys, I heard an advert for the new Vauxhall Viva on the radio the other day and it all centre around heated mirrors, along the lines of "on the original Viva we got around ice on the exterior mirrors by not fitting any, on the new Viva we've got around it by fitting electric heated mirrors to every model as standard"

Now this is a cheaply built city car which sits below the Corsa in the range but gets electric heated mirrors AND lane departure warning system as standard and only costs £7995.

I'm now beginning to think the reason Life, Sting, Sting R and Excite spec Es have non heated ones is they have reused the left over ones from the D Life spec (this is the only spec of D which had non heated ones IIRC) which they produced loads of but then the Life spec didn't sell as well as they'd expected, I'd bet my last pound that had the E had totally different mirrors than the D and not just the same ones carried over then thy would be heated as standard on every trim as they wouldve only produced heated ones like they have with the Viva.

I also wonder how hard it would be for those without heated ones to add them, after all its just 2 bits of wire which attach to the back of the mirror glass so 2 new heated glasses and some wiring added from the main loom to the glasses, job done.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.