Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my heated screens button makes a kind of ping noise when I turn it on and off. Not noticed it before today.

·
Registered
342 Posts
LeachiE said:
I noticed that my heated screens button makes a kind of ping noise when I turn it on and off. Not noticed it before today.
Mine does it too don't think it's anything to worry about though

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mine doesn't but it boils my beans how it deactivates itself - do vauxhall think I'm incapable of turning it off and do it for me even though there's still mist?!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think all cars turn it off after a certain time. My Ibiza used to stay on for 10 minutes. Not really had chance to try the Corsa's out properly yet.

·
Registered
342 Posts
LeachiE said:
I think all cars turn it off after a certain time. My Ibiza used to stay on for 10 minutes. Not really had chance to try the Corsa's out properly yet.
The corsa is about 6 minutes

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Bloody hell, if you are leaving your heated screen on for more than a minute I dread to think how long your battery will last and what mpg you'll be getting. It uses masses of power because heated screen also run heated mirrors too. Add that to heated rear screen and heated seats and wheel if fitted you'd need to drive for several hours to charge the battery back up! ;-)

Seriously though, my car will demist itself in less than 3 minutes by just using the fan blower set to 3 or 4, heater control turned to full red and vents set to screen and that is without even using heated screen so if your heated screen is taking longer to clear than that it sounds like you have a problem? Mine will even de-ice itself in about 5-6 minutes with just heater blower, no heated screen. On the very few (twice) times that I've used the heated screen it cleared the screen in about 30 seconds.

·
Registered
107 Posts
LeachiE said:
Are you meaning a mechanical sound or electrical? I can hear the relay click.

·
Registered
455 Posts
mud4fun said:
Bloody hell, if you are leaving your heated screen on for more than a minute I dread to think how long your battery will last and what mpg you'll be getting. It uses masses of power because heated screen also run heated mirrors too. Add that to heated rear screen and heated seats and wheel if fitted you'd need to drive for several hours to charge the battery back up! ;-)

Seriously though, my car will demist itself in less than 3 minutes by just using the fan blower set to 3 or 4, heater control turned to full red and vents set to screen and that is without even using heated screen so if your heated screen is taking longer to clear than that it sounds like you have a problem? Mine will even de-ice itself in about 5-6 minutes with just heater blower, no heated screen. On the very few (twice) times that I've used the heated screen it cleared the screen in about 30 seconds.
The screen isn't so bad it needs longer with the heated mirrors because they don't actually heat up enough to melt / demist the mirrors quickly so I find myself enabling it atleast twice to clear the mirrors

Still getting beyond 40 mpg :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone! Must be the relay then. Thinking about it, the Ibiza's turbo relay made the same kind if sound. You could here the turbo relay click on and off inside the car!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
the Germans are obsessed with relays and timers. I noticed this car will flash the headlights for a predetermined half second no matter how fast you flash the lever. My last Astra had the same on the horn - it was impossible to "bip" the horn and every bip was an aggressive "hoooot." Turning off the car takes minutes before it is asleep. (My grand daughter goes to sleep quicker). Like why does my handbrake light stay on for so long after doors are locked! Do I need the number plate light on for so long?
I walked past a parked Audi on Friday. The driver was long gone. The engine fan was roaring away.
Barking mad all of them

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
the Germans are obsessed with relays and timers. I noticed this car will flash the headlights for a predetermined half second no matter how fast you flash the lever. My last Astra had the same on the horn - it was impossible to "bip" the horn and every bip was an aggressive "hoooot." Turning off the car takes minutes before it is asleep. (My grand daughter goes to sleep quicker). Like why does my handbrake light stay on for so long after doors are locked! Do I need the number plate light on for so long?
I walked past a parked Audi on Friday. The driver was long gone. The engine fan was roaring away.
Barking mad all of them
Glad it's not just me that noticed this!

Try to do a quick flash of the lights and end up blinding the other driver!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Matthew said:
The screen isn't so bad it needs longer with the heated mirrors because they don't actually heat up enough to melt / demist the mirrors quickly so I find myself enabling it atleast twice to clear the mirrors
Ah yes I understand now. Shame heated mirrors aren't on separate button because I've found a few times that mirrors have misted up when I'm about to go down slip road onto busy motorway but screen is perfectly clear. Seems daft to have heated screen on just to demist mirrors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts