Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my corsa since sat and whilst I love the car the heated steering wheel has suddenly stopped working :eek: , anyone else have a similar problem? I have contacted Vauxhall and as I'm getting parking sensors fitted soon and they said they will have a look then at it

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi andy06, have had heated steering wheels for 4 years on 2 previous Corsa SE & now latest and not had any issues hope you get sorted soon - may be just a loose connection ??

Derek

G

·
Picked mine up on Saturday aswell and heated steering wheel worked fine at 04:30 Monday on way in to work, won't be back to try it again until Friday, sounds like it could be a dodgy connection, should be simple enough to trace the fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an Opel Corsa E -2011 that I picked up new 3,5 years ago. As I live in Sweden I find the heated steering wheel to be a very nice feature during our cold seasons. But this morning after 3,5 year there was no heat anymore.
Did anyone of you found out why the heater stops working? Is there any contactor or thermostat in the circuit that can fail? Is there anyone that can share a wiring diagram for this car?

Regards
/Anders
Sweden

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine's been doing it for the past 9 months, sometimes it doesn't work, other times it does but only lukewarm, but seems to get really hot with the heated windscreen on. It went in for a service back in Nov 2019, the mechanic tried it and of course couldn't find a fault, but did say it's probably an internal problem with the heater matrix(if that makes sense), it's a shame they only told me about it when I came to pick the car up as otherwise I would have made them change it.

I've had a look myself and I can see any loose connections, however I believe it works directly off the battery rather than from the alternator, so therefore I was wondering if maybe the electrolyte in the battery might be an issue? Does anyone know if it's a sealed or vented battery. I.e one you can top up or just have to replace.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.