Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya folks,

I bought a brand new corsa sting of a very large main dealer recently. I was ment to pick it up today, but this morning I got a phone call to tell me that they had discovered a dent in the roof near the windshield. This ment I couldnt pick up the car, and its gone away to be repaired.

The dealer has been nice enough to give me a courtesy car with a full tank of petrol, and they will drive my new car to my adress (100 miles from the dealer) once repaired, and give me a full tank.

I bought the car through PCP, so my question is this. Does this sound reasonable? Or should I ask for a reduction in my payments as the value of the car has potentialy been affected. I have signed all the paper work so the new car is officaly mine as far as I can tell, registered taxed and all that.

I never saw the new car as it was away from the dealers when I went to get the courtesy car, so I have no idea what the actual damage/dent looked like.

Any help, advice or feedback would be great.
Thanks
Slinkey

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Slinkey,

I'm sorry to hear of the delay to your new sting.

Depending on the person you could look at this hick-up in so many different ways. But forums can be a very negative place and can whind people up and let them loose on dealers without just cause.

My option is to keep things simple.

At this moment in time the dealer seems to be acting reasonably and its nice to hear that they have been up front with you (as they could of not told you and you may of been none the wiser until it was too late). If its only going to be a few days delay then I would be more than happy. Any longer and you could ask for some free car mats or a discount on the first service if you felt that was justified.

Either way make sure you go over the car with a fine tooth comb before accepting delivery. This is the same with any big purchase, but especially more so when you are 100 miles from them. I'm sure this will all get sorted for you relatively quickly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have worked in many dealerships seen it all from dents scratches to stuff missing all before getting to the dealers. My bros experiance for instance last week should of had a new 15 reg vitara until he had a call to say valeter reversed into another car so he now got to wait. As a rule main dealer get paint right when doing it appart from one i no arnold shark who cant paint for toffee. I wouldnt be to worried as they no there is a good chance if its not you could reject,that said you are still within your rights to reject if you wanted .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey again folks. Thanks for the advice. I feel more at ease with the situation now (First time ever buying a brand new car!). I think I will just make sure I am 100% happy with the repair, and leave it at that. They have been very honest at the end of the day, and done all they can to make this as little and inconveniance as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.