Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my corsa LE for 3 months now (15 plate)
I have noticed a loud clunking noise coming from the left hand side of my car when turning and going over bumps
Is this still covered by my warranty

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is this still covered by my warranty
You only owned it for 3 months, warranty should cover a much longer period. Locally we have 5 years.
I'd take it straight to the dealer as suggested.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I've had the same thing, pretty sure its due to the angle of the drop - mostly does it for me if i go over our ridiculous speed bumps slightly too quick.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yeah a few people have complained about that noise. Not heard it myself though but thankfully we don't have many speed bumps out in the sticks :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
mud4fun said:
Yeah a few people have complained about that noise. Not heard it myself though but thankfully we don't have many speed bumps out in the sticks :)
The first time i heard it i pulled over. It's actually quite worryingly loud, but it drives perfectly fine still. I just have to go over speed bumps much slower/at a better angle :lol:

Might still get it into the garage for a once over though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took it into a garage and they had 4 men under the car when it was on the stilts and no one could find a problem
The noise has stopped now but not sure what it was

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Fsamp said:
I took it into a garage and they had 4 men under the car when it was on the stilts and no one could find a problem
The noise has stopped now but not sure what it was
It's quite obvious what the noise is caused by tbh. It's just a sudden drop of the wheel so the spring coils stretch out quickly and probably just hitting against the axle - causing the noise

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I heard it yesterday in both of the cars I test drove through the estate where I live. My own car does it occasionally too. I had always though it had caught underneath on top of the speed bumps, but the car isn't that low, lol! Although there is one particular speed bump that is a lot higher one side thant he other and if I don't hit that one at the right angle it gets me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.