Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I’ve been having many problems over the past year with my 2017 corsa energy! To cut a long story short, when I’m driving along all sorts of stuff starts beeping and flashing. Service power steering, service ECS, abs, engine management, Speedo stops working and sometimes rev counter stops working. I get home, turn the car off, next time I start it the lights have cleared but they randomly come back over and over again.
About a year ago the car overheated and stuff was overflowing from under the bonnet. We left it over night, refilled the coolant and it seemed ok.
But it started randomly revving the engine in idle without me touching any pedals, which strangely was worse when my ac was on.
The first time all the previously mentioned lights came on, I couldn’t start my car for two days, auto electrician came out and could get anything working, ended up having it towed to a garage who started it first time with no faults.
I’ve been to soooo many garages, none of them ever find anything. The last place came up with changing the evap valve, which seemed to work for a few months but it’s now happening again!
I’m losing the will…. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
252 Posts
You need to take it to a reputable garage and get it scanned for error codes, with so many things going wrong we can only guess at what the problem may be the scanner will tell you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to take it to a reputable garage and get it scanned for error codes, with so many things going wrong we can only guess at what the problem may be the scanner will tell you.
I’ve taken it in to so many garages, it always come out error free

·
Registered
141 Posts
The garages you're using don't have the correct equipment, even if the light has gone off it stores as a "history" DTC, it'll just be a case that they're scanning 0x7F0 ECM for dtcs and there won't be any specifically in that module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts