Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to all this,

I have ordered the Sting R 1.0t in white.

It should hopefully be here on the 1st of march!

I will upload a picture when it arrives :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mines been at stage one for a month, cant see it meeting delivery 6th March :cry: My friends delivery slot was a week earlier and is already being delivered, anyone else due around same time or already had theirs?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Mine has been at stage one for about 3 weeks, my build is due 27th Feb with delivery due 27th March

·
Registered
112 Posts
Jay said:
Mines been at stage one for a month, cant see it meeting delivery 6th March :cry: My friends delivery slot was a week earlier and is already being delivered, anyone else due around same time or already had theirs?
At least you have a tick! I have 3 empty boxes :(

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jay, did you get the email giving you the build date? I see yours was allocated a build slot back on the 15th Jan. Mine was allocated on the 28th Jan for a 27th Feb build date. I would have thought yours must have been built by now and in the process of being shipped. What was your build date? Regards, Ian

·
Registered
14 Posts
Never got a build date just got an email to say the slot was confirmed. I was thinking the same if its going to make the delivery date surely should be built by now but delivery date hasnt changed. Just doesnt seem to be updating.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jay,

I got an email about a week after placing my order, subject 'Important update on your new vauxhall' which contained the following paragraph:

We're pleased to let you know your order has been confirmed at our manufacturing plant. This means your car now has a confirmed build week, scheduled for 27 February 2015. Your car's estimated delivery will take place in the week ending 27 March 2015.

You could check with your dealer to see when they believe it is due, maybe they managed to source yours from stock so didn't need to build it? Dealer told me that because of my unusual colour choice mine would have to be built to order - not many 1.4T 3dr LE's in Limelight Green have been pre-built! ;)

Ian

PS. When I placed the order the dealer suggested it would be available week 11 which is 9th-15th March so it seems mine is going to be a week or two later than the dealer reckoned on. Did the dealer give you an estimated delivery week?

G

·
Mine was allocated a build slot on 15th jan as well, the pdi was done 13th of February and had a del of 6th March until Monday when the del date disappeared altogether. Dealer said today it was offloaded at Portbury docks so just waiting for it to arrive here now.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Do the dealers have a list of what is available from stock? When I got my Ibiza they had a list of what was available from central stock. I had to wait two weeks, which seemed like forever, but nothing to how long some of you are waiting for Corsas!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had same dates too its just updated to a week later so not too bad.

They did check the stock for me but didnt have any available was just lucky enough one was already on order so havnt had to wait quite as long as some.

G

·
Ordered mine on 8th Nov, I knew it would be longer than normal as the factory was still producing D's back then and it would need to shut down for new tooling/programming etc. and once full production started they have to create a minimum stock build first. A factory order is normally 6-10 weeks but can't grumble too much as the wait will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
gkmorris said:
Ordered mine on 8th Nov, I knew it would be longer than normal as the factory was still producing D's back then and it would need to shut down for new tooling/programming etc. and once full production started they have to create a minimum stock build first. A factory order is normally 6-10 weeks but can't grumble too much as the wait will be worth it.
That's a heck of a wait! Like you say, it will be worth it when she finally arrives!

I am sure I've seen that you can get Sting and Sting R, but there is no mention of the latter on the trim list online. What is the difference between them?

G

·
Sting r has black stripes/wheels etc, I believe it is only avail with 1.0ltr engine and has the vx-line steering wheel (flat bottom), handbrake and gear lever. Any other differences I'm not sure on

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Ok, thanks! I think the black stripes would be better than white! What colour have you ordered?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts