Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Ordered my new Cosra Sting R in red last Tuesday and pick it up on Friday this week :)

Traded in my Impreza Estate for it as it was starting to cost far too much to run and I have moved offices to 6 miles from the house so it made sence to downsize to a smaller car.

I will miss the power of the 2ltr turbo but I wont miss the fuel bill or the cost of parts.

My scoobie was needing too much parts and wasnt cost effective to fix costs roughly £200 on parts a month as well as £50 a week on fuel minimum.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Hi and welcome!

I don't quite understand your comment though. Are you saying you've moved offices further away from home so it is now 6 miles away or do you mean you've got a shorter trip? Surely the scooby can't have been using £50 a week in fuel to go less than 6 miles each way?!*

My office is 127 miles from my house so I have a 300 mile round trip to do, thankfully only have to do it a couple of times a week....

·
Registered
455 Posts
mud4fun said:
Hi and welcome!

I don't quite understand your comment though. Are you saying you've moved offices further away from home so it is now 6 miles away or do you mean you've got a shorter trip? Surely the scooby can't have been using £50 a week in fuel to go less than 6 miles each way?!*

My office is 127 miles from my house so I have a 300 mile round trip to do, thankfully only have to do it a couple of times a week....
127 miles!? Mine's about 15 miles and only consumes about £15-20 a week in petrol!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry haven't been online much.

My work is now 6 miles away from my house I used to work 13 miles away and the scoobie was fun but downsizing is defiantly going to help out the purse strings.

Booked in to pick up the car tomorrow at 2 pm and I can't wait.

But handing the keys over for a 2 ltr turbo for a 1 ltr turbo seems wrong in some way.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I know how you feel, I downsized from a big 4x4 double cab 2.5TDi pickup truck to a tiny 1.4T Corsa.

However my fuel, VED and insurance bills are now half what they were :)

And my pickup truck was 10 years old and costing me £1500 a year in repairs, my Corsa finance isn't much more than the maintenance bill on the truck!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well today is technically my seconds day with the car as I was on holiday from last Saturday I'm still loving how surprising quick it is.

Sadly I had to drive it to hospital to get me checked out as I was driving the wife's car home from the holiday and someone pulled out in front of us and I crashed into the rear driver side of his car. So I now have to think what car to get the wife next as the insurance company has the car down as a write off already because of the damage I described to them on the phone.

Luckily her car is a big Chevy captiva so everyone was safe and the car done its duty but 70 miles from home we thought we would be stranded.

The wife's insurance got the courtesy car deliver the the accident and got her car picked up all with 3 hours of the accident so she now have a Volvo XC90 till they sort out the insurance stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts