Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just moved from a focus to a corsa e. pleased with the corsa but getting used to the power loss . the focus was a meatier car. but i,ll get used to it. lots more toy s in the corsa

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Welcome! I had a T reg Focus a while ago, currently driving an Ibiza and looking forward to the Corsa's arrival next week! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you,im finding it helpfull & interesting here, B.T.W . I M VERY PLEASED WITH THE NEW CORSA . had a mk 2.5 focus sport which i really liked but was getting old at 4 yrs but trouble free . still like they say a change is as good as a rest.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Welcome!

Just curious - if you had previously had a Focus, why did you elect to go for the 1.2 Corsa, rather than the 1.4 or 1.4T for example?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
johno said:
was getting old at 4 yrs but trouble free.
I have to smile at this.

The vehicle that my new Corsa replaced was 10 years old and had done 270K miles and yet we considered that a new vehicle because our other 3 vehicles are 30, 50 and 60 years old!!! 4 years old is basically a new car that is just run in ;-)

·
Registered
342 Posts
My corsa has replaced a 4 year old punto with only 9500 miles on the clock which I had from new and was immaculate with a few people questioning why I wanted a new car

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
My current car is over 4 years old with just over 22k miles on the clock. I was planning on keeping her a long time until I saw tha ads on tv for the new Corsa at the start of this year. The new turbo engines along with heated screen and steering wheel just sealed the deal!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had an 8 year old 1.0 corsa. The engine disintegrated after a trip to Wales. Changed for a 1 year old 1.2. Couldn't see the headlights on the road. Garage tested and apparently OK. Traded in 1 year later for a new 1.4 hoping there'd be more torque. Bit disappointed so now have the 1.0T 115 PS. In hindsight should have bought a second hand before the turbo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LimeyUK said:
Welcome!

Just curious - if you had previously had a Focus, why did you elect to go for the 1.2 Corsa, rather than the 1.4 or 1.4T for example?
No real reason, i just fancied a change and got an unbelevable deal . the focus was a i owner, well looked after with just 39 k on the clock .
i dont really need all that power as i also have an Audi A5 3 Ltr turbo S to play with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mud4fun said:
johno said:
was getting old at 4 yrs but trouble free.
I have to smile at this.

The vehicle that my new Corsa replaced was 10 years old and had done 270K miles and yet we considered that a new vehicle because our other 3 vehicles are 30, 50 and 60 years old!!! 4 years old is basically a new car that is just run in ;-)
FOCUS WAS OUT OF WARRANTY.. Even a well maintained car can cause bother , i also run a 5 yr old audi which is a keeper 26k on the clock

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
johno said:
LimeyUK said:
Welcome!

No real reason, i just fancied a change and got an unbelevable deal . the focus was a i owner, well looked after with just 39 k on the clock .
i dont really need all that power as i also have an Audi A5 3 Ltr turbo S to play with.
Ah, nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts