Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stumbled across this place on my travels and thought I'd join and say Hi :) . Ordered a 5 door 1.0i turbo, Limited edition in red at the end of Jan no date yet for delivery :(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Welcome :)

I was very tempted to get a red one as it does look great with the black wheels and my local dealer had one in stock however I wanted the 1.4T so mine is on factory order in limelight green.

I do a fair bit of motorway driving and gut feel was 1.4t would suit me more than the 1.0T.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I got my build date about a week after getting a confirmation from track my vauxhall that they had received the order.

Have you registered with 'track my vauxhall'?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Looking at December/January sales figures suggests that the new corsa is selling very well which may explain the longer lead times?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LOL, don't worry you're not alone. I'm really impatient to get mine :) It'll have been nearly 12 weeks from placing my order which is a flippin long lead time for a Vauxhall !

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I wouldn't have thought you'd have to wait as long, red is a popular colour so they probably have some in stock. Several of my local dealers had them in, my nearest one had a red 3 door 1.0T in the showroom, it was the one I tested so your dealer may be able to get one sooner. Mine certainly told me that they could get me one sooner if I chose red.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I'm really impatient. Never had to wait for new car before as generally bought pre-registered or manufacturer stock. Only reason I opted to wait was current vehicle is 4x4 pickup truck and snow was forecast back in January when I placed the order.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Haha, that'll teach them for running them on vapours. When I bought my jap pickup new ten years ago it came with so little fuel that I barely made it to the nearest petrol station.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yeah, dealer gave me my build number. Make sure you type it in accurately as there is no validation. My first attempt resulted in me being registered for somebody else Astra! I'd typed a 2 instead of a Z.

It doesn't tell you much to be honest, just the date they officially receive the order, the build date and the estimated delivery date which I assume to be to the dealer so allow a little on top for PDI etc.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I went to see the dealer last week they are getting me the 1.4 LE 3 door capital in red which comes with the technical pack 2 free of charge. I will be picking up on the 2 march. I like the red ones I think it makes the black wheels and roof stand out

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
I went to see the dealer last week they are getting me the 1.4 LE 3 door capital in red which comes with the technical pack 2 free of charge. I will be picking up on the 2 march. I like the red ones I think it makes the black wheels and roof stand out
Red with black wheels and roof is a lovely combination. It looked awesome when I saw it in the showroom.

I checked out that Capital edition and it would be no good for me, no 1.4 turbo option! ;-)

It looks to be great value if you want the technical pack. I didn't see any need for the technical packs for me personally as I'm used to driving 30-50 year old Land Rovers with no mod cons so even the basic corsa is like a spaceship in comparison :) I can park a large 4x4 with no power steering and minimal rear visibility so wasn't prepared to pay £K for parking sensors and reverse camera despite the dealer desperately trying to sell them! It would have pushed the price too high. Mind you I rarely face busy traffic or tight car parking due to our rural location, guess it is more critical in the city?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a tick! :D

Your car was confirmed a build slot on 19 Feb 2015! Estimated car arrival week 10th April, which is slightly longer than the 16th of March the dealer estimated

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.