Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey corsa people, I have had my ltd corsa E for about a month and have noticed that the clutch biting point is really high, does this mean that my clutch is on its way out? Will it be covered by warranty if so ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
High clutch bite is Standard i'm afraid, my previous Corsa was the same and this new one is no different.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Not ready noticed really (and the wife has not mentioned it,which normally on something like that she would) :lol: :?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I've not noticed it either. I've had over a 100 cars and the Corsa is no worse than any other car with cable clutch. I prefer hydraulic clutches myself but I can't say there is any issue with the pedal or biting point. However I have my seat positioned high which makes a big difference to the angle of your knee. It is vital for me as I smashed my knee years ago and a low slung driving position or poor pedal position causes me severe pain. I've had no issues in Dafny so I'm happy with the clutch pedal and biting point. Do you folks with issues have your seats set low down?

PS. I drive in caterpillar work boots that provide good support for ankle. These help avoid putting to much stress on my joints.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
mud4fun said:
PS. I drive in caterpillar work boots that provide good support for ankle. These help avoid putting to much stress on my joints.
if the wife does mention it I'll get her some of those :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
anthony said:
if the wife does mention it I'll get her some of those :lol:
:mrgreen:

My wife is used to driving an old Land Rover too so also wears boots, no high heels to be found in our house!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I drive with the seat low down and have never found the clutch to have a high bite on it. If it makes a difference half of my driving is done in steel toe cap boots :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Lol, you may laugh but I find there is a big difference between driving in work boots and driving in trainers. The boots provide more rigidity and ankle support. Also they tend to have thicker soles/treads so your foot sits higher off the floor when the heel is resting on the floor so it requires no effort to use clutch and you don't have any pressure on your knees. I find driving long distance (eg. my 250 mile commute) uncomfortable in trainers but fine in boots. Maybe I'm just odd :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
mud4fun said:
Lol, you may laugh but I find there is a big difference between driving in work boots and driving in trainers. The boots provide more rigidity and ankle support. Also they tend to have thicker soles/treads so your foot sits higher off the floor when the heel is resting on the floor so it requires no effort to use clutch and you don't have any pressure on your knees. I find driving long distance (eg. my 250 mile commute) uncomfortable in trainers but fine in boots. Maybe I'm just odd :)
Im the same tbf, if im going on a long drive in particular i will sometimes wear work boots instead as they are more comfortable to drive in and tend to have more padding

·
Registered
454 Posts
Had the same in 3 of my last cars even with a new clutch. All were Hydraulic. My other car a 15 year old polo has a cable and the bite is low on that one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts