Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have I got hill start assist on my 1.4 limited edition, it says so in the book, but yesterday I tried it on a very slight incline and nothing. Not had chance to try on a steep hill yet

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I thought it was on the models with start/stop. I have this on my Ibiza and it's brilliant!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Guys, according to the 2015 Models, Edition 1, New Corsa Brochure Page 21 - Hill Start Assist is standard on every New Corsa? so another toy to find ?

Derek

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I downloaded a brochure dated October 14 and in there hill start assist is asterisked along with park assist, etc as being available at extra cost. Yet at the back of the brochure where it lists everything as standard from Life trim upwards it appears to be a standard feature. When you search hill start assist on the website, it brings up motability cars and says that they have it as standard, along with front and rear parking sensors.

As I said in a previous post, I have hill start assist in my car, and when I drove a courtesy car from the dealer that didn't have it in I had to remember that it wasn't on that car! I have got so used to it! The slope needs to be a certain gradient for it to kick in. When it does, the brake pedal feels 'hard' almost like it is locked and there is no 'give' in the pedal. Kind of hard to explain, lol! Mine makes a whistling noise whilst it's functioning too. It also works if you are reversing uphill as well as driving up hill.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi LeachiE, have updated my reply to include the Brochure date & edition. I got this from the dealer prior to buying my car & found it very useful along with the Vauxhall Web Build your Car.

Derek

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
There must be a newer brochure at the dealers then as page 21 on the version I have has the available colours on it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Yep, just double checked mine to be sure?? but only had 4 weeks ago so will be quite new and hopefully up to date.

Derek

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the capital limited edition with technical pack 2 so may be that's the reason it don't work

·
Registered
132 Posts
I drove 64 plate Corsa D SXI today that had it but I didn't realise. Gave me a shock when I was on a hill haha.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
iv got a new corsa product features book, and the only car that acutely mentions hill start assist is the life model. then all the others state ''features over and above Life include'' so I take this is that everything the life has plus what's included in your models spec.
so if anybody has it does it work and do you get a light on the dash?

thanks

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have it in the Ibiza and there is no light on the dash, although Corsas may be different. I know it's working by the feedback I get through the brake pedal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have it on my current car Corsa VXR. It activates when the car detects your on an incline. Holds the brakes on for a few seconds or until you reach the bite point. No dash light.
So I assume it will work the same with my new car.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
We have plenty of hills on the Island, lol! Although it kicks in when i start to reverse onto my drive which isn't steep at all at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
had a call today from VX help desk they say that hill start assist is defiantly on my car, just need to find a hill now to try it on, if not they said to speak to my dealer. problem is the dealer is in Essex which is pretty flat ..(Vicky how steep was the hill and did it come on straight away )

1 - 20 of 53 Posts