Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an excite for a month while my car arrives. Can't get the hill start assist to work. Anyone any ideas

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I think I triggered it by accident last night. I had reversed onto our slight sloping drive and had stopped. The engine stopped automatically. I then wanted to get car a bit closer to the house so took off the handbrake in order to let the car roll back towards the house but it stayed rigidly where it was! I had to engage reverse, let the engine start and actually drive backwards!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That must mean that it's broken in the car I have on loan

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got a nice steep incline in the way to work will give it a go on Monday

·
Registered
12 Posts
what I've noticed, when hill start activate the break pedal gets blocked on the position you left it and when press back you'll feel hard on foot

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
V.all said:
what I've noticed, when hill start activate the break pedal gets blocked on the position you left it and when press back you'll feel hard on foot
That's exactly how it feels in my Ibiza, but I found it hard to describe. This sums it up perfectly! Mine kicks in even on the drop kerb at the bottom of my driveway.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Need a steep hill for it to activate, and only works if you have clutch down in gear and using the foot break. Works pretty good, but doesnt activate unless its on a decent hill.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I managed to get it to work. And have used it a few times. Seems to work by delaying the release of the front brakes by 2seconds

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Its activated by sitting on an incline and just releasing your brake pedal. It will hold for a second or so, before releasing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Do automatics have hill start assist?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
craig5e said:
Do they need it? You can't/dont control a clutch in autos, so not needed really.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah, but on some autos i have had, when you release the brake the car rolls back, not going forward untill the accelerater is pressed

·
Registered
895 Posts
craig5e said:
Hill start assist is standard on all New Corsa's including Automatics. My SE Auto certainly has it & is very noticeable on steep inclines.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks del boy, just got to wait till august an i will have the car!

·
Registered
895 Posts
craig5e said:
Thanks del boy, just got to wait till august an i will have the car!
Sure it will be worth the wait & you will be as impressed as I am with the New Corsa.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
craig5e said:
Yeah, but on some autos i have had, when you release the brake the car rolls back, not going forward untill the accelerater is pressed
Well yea, but that's why you keep the handbrake on until you're ready to go, surely? :lol: But I can see how it would be useful even in autos.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thats what i used to do, i passed my test in a 205 which didnt roll back but used to drive lots of auto cars for work, some being big and expensive that rolled back

1 - 20 of 41 Posts