Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how long you all had to wait from ordering to taking delivery. I ordered a week ago and am looking at late Oct/early Nov for delivery. I know Mud4fun waited a looong time (12 weeks iirc). Only hope I have of getting her earlier is that they release some 5dr Energy trim cars in shiny rock before then! They have already released some 3dr 1.2's. At least I didn't add any options so that should hopefully speed things up a little!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ordered feb 9th and told 5 weeks. 5 weeks came and went, complained and got hire car for free until April 30th when I picked up the car

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Klesmy said:
Ordered feb 9th and told 5 weeks. 5 weeks came and went, complained and got hire car for free until April 30th when I picked up the car
I'll just have to wait it out as my current car is being taken as part exchange.

·
Registered
24 Posts
LeachiE - Have you been using the vauxhall tracking service (the one with the three stages of tick boxes?)

I ordered my car about 3 weeks ago with a 12 week expected delivery date. My first stage hasn't been ticked yet - it would be good to know if/when your first stage is complete? My order was for a MY16 car, which I believe doesn't start production until later this month, so was wondering if this was a factor.

AP

·
Registered
454 Posts
LeachiE said:
Klesmy said:
I'll just have to wait it out as my current car is being taken as part exchange.
My car was also part ex but the tax ran out and the car fell apart while I was waiting after the five weeks quoted. This is why I complained and got the car

·
Registered
455 Posts
My MY16 is planned for mid-late September and he said he could possibly get it earlier. Written from his words as I spoke to him today even though I'm in Greece, sounds promising :)

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Corsa_AP said:
LeachiE - Have you been using the vauxhall tracking service (the one with the three stages of tick boxes?)

I ordered my car about 3 weeks ago with a 12 week expected delivery date. My first stage hasn't been ticked yet - it would be good to know if/when your first stage is complete? My order was for a MY16 car, which I believe doesn't start production until later this month, so was wondering if this was a factor.

AP
Yes! The dealer signed me up to it on Tuesday (I ordered last Saturday). MY16 order books opened on 10th July and build is scheduled to start on 24th August. However, my dealer said that there has just been some stock of MY16 cars released, but they are 1.2 3drs, so he is hopeful I will get my car sooner, as if one gets released he will get hold of that one and then cancel my order. On the email I had from VX last weekend it says that the build date is approx 9 - 10 weeks prior to the expected date of delivery - in my case it works out that it should start on 24th August or thereabouts. We shall wait and see. I guess we will receive email updates when anything changes. Waiting is not one of my strong points! :D

·
Registered
961 Posts
LeachiE said:
Just wondering how long you all had to wait from ordering to taking delivery. I ordered a week ago and am looking at late Oct/early Nov for delivery. I know Mud4fun waited a looong time (12 weeks iirc). Only hope I have of getting her earlier is that they release some 5dr Energy trim cars in shiny rock before then! They have already released some 3dr 1.2's. At least I didn't add any options so that should hopefully speed things up a little!
6 days! Could've had it sooner if I wanted (dealer had a huge choice of most models and specs already in stock in their own compounds as they bulk purchased loads of them) built on 11/02/15 and had already been in stock at the dealers for 3 weeks when I collected it on 20/03/15 so that's quite quick from build to delivery to dealer IMO.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ouch! 17 weeks?! That's an awfully long time.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm two weeks in and not got my build slot date yet :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ordered my E on mid of february got it around 20's of april so around 4-6 weeks(2 months and few change)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ordered on the 24th May, getting delivered tomorrow. Was meant to collect on the 7th August but due to a safety recall to do with my power steering it got held back.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts