Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how everyone is getting on with the Corsa E.
Just put your Corsa's model/engine type and some comments! :D

1.l turbo Limited Edition Captial in White

So far I'm loving my car! It's a much improvement from my Corsa D. Only a couple of problems such as a squeaky clutch, some of the turbo badge has moved and a interior panel is loose.
The 1l engine is very good, it's fairly economical/cheap to run. With the turbo it makes it very nippy.
I think the car looks stunning in white, the extra body styling, alloys and tints that come standard with the LE improve the look of it.
The new interior styling of the E is very nice, feels more modern premium than previous models. Seats are very comfortable. The only downside is the glossy plastic scratches easily.
The technology is what has must impressed me with the car.
The following are very good:
-Cruise control
-Trip computer
-Stop/start

The intelli-link system is good but could do with improvement. The screen is of a good size and quality, the UI is well designed, Bluetooth is good (although fairly quite). The radio/files/phone applications are all very good.
Unfortunately the apps are very disappointing. There aren't many most pointless for my needs. The navigation app is dreadful and you only get a trail included.

The technical pack is very good, definitely worth it.
I use all the features except, lane departure warning and bay parking. Road sign recognition could do with some more road signs added.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Corsa 1.4 LE in Magma Red

Really loving it (much bigger than my corsa B). Love the tech on these such as DAB, Bringgo, Bluetoothm cruise control etc. Also have a slightly squeaky clutch but i can live with that. Also like the engine, it feels pretty nippy (like a big go kart) and the alloys that come with the LE.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
1.4 turbo LE

Love it!

Worst feature: Intellink which has poor sound quality, useless apps, no mirrorlink support and poorly positioned screen.

Best feature: Engine gives great performance when you want it and great economy when you don't. VX seem to have played down its qualities and understated its performance. 0-60 time on my phone app is over a second quicker than VX claims. It is also consistently getting 55-60mpg on my motorway commute.

Only fault in 2500 miles has been squeaky clutch which was fixed in 60 seconds with some grease.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So far loving my Corsa 12. LE

The only problems the have peed me off since owning it are as follows:-
After picking it up the paintwork wasnt smooth, defo needed polishing and clay-baring
Before I tackled the paintwork 2 days after owning it brown little spots appeared all over the car and has taken me 3 very good polishes with Auto Glym Super Resin Polish to get them gone. Its taken me 1 Clay Bar and 6 full polishes to make the paintwork super smooth and super shiny.

Next was the scary Fuel Gauge, Showing I've only got 2 bars left but saying I still have 200 miles of range but with a full tank it was saying 452! so I dont trust it and kinda still dont.

Next is the Stereo. At work I sit in my Corsa on my break times and listen to the music, sometimes Ive found the stereo freezes and wont turn on or off for that matter. The Bluetooth keeps disconnecting itself. The Bringo GO app, very happy with it apart from keeps randomly cutting out whilst driving and the only way I can find it to work again is to close the app on my iPhone and re-open it on my iPhone and then go back on it on the stereo...Very Annoying!!

The hand brake comes up way too high and i count 10 clicks before its tight! Still need to get this adjusted, again when I have time.

And finally inside of my alloys there are BIG sections of very sticky residue. Looks like a big label once was there on the alloy but has been removed and now filth sticks to it immediately and will get round to removing it when i have time.

Apart from all this I love the car, defo one of the best cars Ive ever owned, handles like a dream and is very nippy for a 1.2 I must admit and defo the best looking Corsa ever made. Thats why I moved from Ford back to Vauxhall ;) and my first car was a V reg Corsa B 1.0 Trip which I paid £50 for hahaaa :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
1.0T Sting R white.

So far I'm loving it, only done 600 miles in it so far so still not had a good long drive but got a few coming up soon.

Its good on fuel, much better feel than my old corsa D.

Looking forward to getting some motorway driving done and see how it feels

·
Registered
64 Posts
Grantz22 said:

After picking it up the paintwork wasnt smooth, defo needed polishing and clay-baring
Before I tackled the paintwork 2 days after owning it brown little spots appeared all over the car and has taken me 3 very good polishes with Auto Glym Super Resin Polish to get them gone. Its taken me 1 Clay Bar and 6 full polishes to make the paintwork super smooth and super shiny.

Next was the scary Fuel Gauge, Showing I've only got 2 bars left but saying I still have 200 miles of range but with a full tank it was saying 452! so I dont trust it and kinda still dont.

Next is the Stereo. At work I sit in my Corsa on my break times and listen to the music, sometimes Ive found the stereo freezes and wont turn on or off for that matter. The Bluetooth keeps disconnecting itself. The Bringo GO app, very happy with it apart from keeps randomly cutting out whilst driving and the only way I can find it to work again is to close the app on my iPhone and re-open it on my iPhone and then go back on it on the stereo...Very Annoying!!

The hand brake comes up way too high and i count 10 clicks before its tight! Still need to get this adjusted, again when I have time.

And finally inside of my alloys there are BIG sections of very sticky residue. Looks like a big label once was there on the alloy but has been removed and now filth sticks to it immediately and will get round to removing it when i have time.

Apart from all this I love the car, defo one of the best cars Ive ever owned, handles like a dream and is very nippy for a 1.2 I must admit and defo the best looking Corsa ever made. Thats why I moved from Ford back to Vauxhall ;) and my first car was a V reg Corsa B 1.0 Trip which I paid £50 for hahaaa :p
I also had the brown spots which I've removed by excessive washing. What do you think they were?

·
Registered
961 Posts
daparky said:
Grantz22 said:

I also had the brown spots which I've removed by excessive washing. What do you think they were?
Metal filings?

for some reason most white cars seem to attract them, maybe try some IronX on them if it happens again.

Anyway 1.4 Ecoflex 90Bhp SRI

Few problems with it, but they've all been sorted out, or replaced on warranty without any issue: NSR alloy due to dirt/debris under the paint, drivers seat base due to rocking movement, handbrake needed adjusted, passenger side light faulty connection. Dealer I bought my car from was pretty poor tbh but both their aftersales dept and that of another Vauxhall dealer have been pretty good so far.

Likes about the car: the spec like Bluetooth, DAB, USB, cruise control, rain sensor wipers, auto lights etc. and the nifty wee touches like the ambient lighting, trip computer, etc. the styling, considering its based largely on the Corsa D which I didn't think was a particularly good looking car its probably now one of the best looking superminis. The colour (Shiny Rock). Cheap road tax. Pretty much everything tbh.

Dislikes: Vauxhall cost cutting - no chrome exhaust tail pipe (SXI and SRI Corsa Ds upto 63 plate had this then it was removed). No map pockets on the backs of the front seats (SXI/SRi spec Corsa Ds had them), no middle rear seat head rest (most rival small cars have 3 head rests in the back) and no centre armrest (equivalent spec Fiesta has this) also the Corsa Sting has the perforated leather VX-Line flat bottom steering wheel and VX-Line gear knob, not that I don't like the SRI ones but would've been nice to even be able to spec these as a cost option on other specs. This is petty but im not a huge fan of the door mirrors carried over from Corsa D. And finally expensive accessories, a lot of the stuff is the same as Corsa D stuff (mats, boot liners, etc.) but since the E came out they've doubled the price these things were previously.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hendry said:
daparky said:
Grantz22 said:

Metal filings?

for some reason most white cars seem to attract them, maybe try some IronX on them if it happens again.

Anyway 1.4 Ecoflex 90Bhp SRI

Few problems with it, but they've all been sorted out, or replaced on warranty without any issue: NSR alloy due to dirt/debris under the paint, drivers seat base due to rocking movement, handbrake needed adjusted, passenger side light faulty connection. Dealer I bought my car from was pretty poor tbh but both their aftersales dept and that of another Vauxhall dealer have been pretty good so far.

Likes about the car: the spec like Bluetooth, DAB, USB, cruise control, rain sensor wipers, auto lights etc. and the nifty wee touches like the ambient lighting, trip computer, etc. the styling, considering its based largely on the Corsa D which I didn't think was a particularly good looking car its probably now one of the best looking superminis. The colour (Shiny Rock). Cheap road tax. Pretty much everything tbh.

Dislikes: Vauxhall cost cutting - no chrome exhaust tail pipe (SXI and SRI Corsa Ds upto 63 plate had this then it was removed). No map pockets on the backs of the front seats (SXI/SRi spec Corsa Ds had them), no middle rear seat head rest (most rival small cars have 3 head rests in the back) and no centre armrest (equivalent spec Fiesta has this) also the Corsa Sting has the perforated leather VX-Line flat bottom steering wheel and VX-Line gear knob, not that I don't like the SRI ones but would've been nice to even be able to spec these as a cost option on other specs. This is petty but im not a huge fan of the door mirrors carried over from Corsa D. And finally expensive accessories, a lot of the stuff is the same as Corsa D stuff (mats, boot liners, etc.) but since the E came out they've doubled the price these things were previously.
I %100 agree with your review I too would like a centre arm rest, 60/40 splitting rear seats and pockets in the seat backs!

Also could the brown spots be tar or tree sap?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Grantz22 said:

Grant, not sure if you are aware but auto glym super resin polish is like t-cut, it removes oxidation by removing a layer of paint. I don't believe it is designed for brand new car paintwork but more for faded paintwork on an old car. If you go too hard with it or use it too many times you'll strip the paint off the car. I've used it a couple of times on other vehicles to restore faded paint but it has now taken areas down to the primer. Also modern cars are painted in water based paints which are very soft. It is only the outer hard shell that protects it. The polish will remove the hard shell and leave a very vulnerable surface. You are very brave to use it on a new car!!

The brown spots will be wax used by the factory for cavity protection. The excess drips out and beads up over the surface. A decent shampoo should remove it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
mud4fun said:
Grantz22 said:

Grant, not sure if you are aware but auto glym super resin polish is like t-cut, it removes oxidation by removing a layer of paint. I don't believe it is designed for brand new car paintwork but more for faded paintwork on an old car. If you go too hard with it or use it too many times you'll strip the paint off the car. I've used it a couple of times on other vehicles to restore faded paint but it has now taken areas down to the primer. Also modern cars are painted in water based paints which are very soft. It is only the outer hard shell that protects it. The polish will remove the hard shell and leave a very vulnerable surface. You are very brave to use it on a new car!!

The brown spots will be wax used by the factory for cavity protection. The excess drips out and beads up over the surface. A decent shampoo should remove it.
Whilst I agree with what you're saying, a light thin skim of polish is OK, whilst both SRP and t-cut do strip a tiny layer of lacquer off each time its used, if you do it gently, lightly and occasionally its fine, I remember days of being a valeter prepping used black cars for the forecourt, sometimes it was so bad I'd t-cut 3 times with thick coats of t-cut, a coat of farecla g3 compound and 3 heavy coats of polish and it would still be a mess on the paintwork scratches and swirls so in moderation its fine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi guys I to have these small brown dots on my white paintwork which for a brand new car is a joke. I have also noticed that the paintwork on the inside of the bottom of the door is very thin and I also noticed a couple of runs on the paintwork there to. :shock:

I had a 2.0 tdi A3 sportback 170bhp which was remapped and it needed a clutch and a few other things so decided to trade it in for the corsa LE 1.4 na, Im still getting used to the smaller engine which going from the audi fells very slow but like I said Im getting used to it. :lol:

I love the look of the corsa and by the looks you get driving it around town so does everyone else. :D

The handling on the corsa is awesome and id say im getting around 41mpg and thats around town and hilly country roads. :D

Also would like a cheeky centre console that would really set the interior off lol.

Anyone played movies on the intellilink yet?

·
Registered
223 Posts
skywhite said:
Anyone played movies on the intellilink yet?
Not yet but I did read in the manual that you can only watch movies while the car is stationary which I feel is a bit pointless. I was hoping I could play a movie for a passanger sitting in the front seat on a long journey.

·
Registered
68 Posts
mud4fun said:
Grantz22 said:

Yes dont worry, i'm fully aware. My paintwork was very very sticky and rough and still not fully satisfied with it so will be clay baring it soon, but the super resin polish has helped a lot :)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Grantz22 said:
Yes dont worry, i'm fully aware. My paintwork was very very sticky and rough and still not fully satisfied with it so will be clay baring it soon, but the super resin polish has helped a lot :)
It certainly looks stunning in your photos, alot more shiny than mine. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.