Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've managed to curb my baby due to a mixture of tiredness and slippy shoes. Can't believe it! :(

I've got the car booked in to my local garage tomorrow morning to check over everything and get the tracking sorted.

Anyone know if the alloy is worth trying to get repaired (as far as I know, the only damage is the scuffed bit shown on the picture) or know of any eBay sellers who have a 17inch LE alloy for sale?

·
Registered
7 Posts
That can be repaired no problem, a few cars back I had a little Citroën c2 vts which had low profile tires and the same situation occurred to me both with the wheel and being tired. I got the wheel fixed at my home and it was as good as new. Back then it cost me £60.00.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes, I was quoted similar for a repair to one of my jap pickup alloy wheels. The problem was that £60 was more than it cost to get another one second hand off ebay.

Might be worth checking ebay for any first as there have been a few E's hitting the breakers yards recently from accident damage, many have been LE's too so those wheels will start to become cheaper and more available second hand soon.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I would just get it repaired mate, you could try eBay but stuff for Es is still going for mega money just now as it's rare 2nd hand, plus any second-hand LE wheels I've seen have been full sets, and any singles are brand new ones from main dealers ebaying stuff at a mark up, nearly £200 for 1 new alloy!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been into garage today for them to check and fix the tracking. Everything is fine and tracking was only slightly off.

Cost me 25 quid and whatever it'll be to get the alloy repaired at a later date as it's structurally fine to drive on so not desperate to get it sorted.

Serves me right for driving so late after a long day!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ouch, yeah I'd just get it repaired and this is why I luckily signed up for the alloy/wheel protection as I know with my luck I'll lose a tyre or two and may scuff the alloy (think I get upto 10 times haha) but yeah it'll probably be around £60 as my whole wheel was refurbished for around that

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.