Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I decided to upgrade the wheels on my corsa 'design from the original steel wheels to a set of genuine vauxhall alloys. Found some reasonable one on ebay. I've tried them out and they fit but I tried them on with the wheel bolts from the steels wheels and they held but should I be looking for special alloy ones?

To help out those, I've attached pictures.

Thanks in advance.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Automotive side-view mirror
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive side-view mirror

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I had a corsa c years ago, I got some after market alloys and they needed wheel bolts with a certain angle on them. Just thought I'd ask people with far more knowledge and experience than me. I don't generally make these kinds of modifications to my cars. A Bluetooth transmitter in the cigarette lighter and a dash cam is about my general limit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Judging from the other places I've been looking at, the corsa d and the corsa e are pretty much standardised except from the vxr models so should be OK.

·
Registered
115 Posts
When I had a corsa c years ago, I got some after market alloys and they needed wheel bolts with a certain angle on them. Just thought I'd ask people with far more knowledge and experience than me. I don't generally make these kinds of modifications to my cars. A Bluetooth transmitter in the cigarette lighter and a dash cam is about my general limit.
As far as the fixing bolts are concerned for the Corsa E they are the same for steel and alloys,
they have been using the same ones on a lot of the smaller models (including the Corsa D) going right back to the Nova,
as you found out some aftermarket alloys sometimes have a different angle for the wheels fixing so need their own bolts.
I think you should be ok with D wheels as long as the stud qty (4 or 5 stud) is the same although you may find the wheels have a different offset.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As far as the fixing bolts are concerned for the Corsa E they are the same for steel and alloys,
they have been using the same ones on a lot of the smaller models (including the Corsa D) going right back to the Nova,
as you found out some aftermarket alloys sometimes have a different angle for the wheels fixing so need their own bolts.
I think you should be ok with D wheels as long as the stud qty (4 or 5 stud) is the same although you may find the wheels have a different offset.
Cool. Thank you. These are from a corsa e that was being broken down but thanks for the info and a little reassurance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I’m thinking of doing this too with my 2015 Design. The current steel wheels are 185 65 15inch. The new alloy wheels I am looking at are 195 55 16inch and off another Corsa E. I think I would need to reset up the TPMS for the new sensors? Also would I have to recalibrate the speedo/rev counter at a dealership (see owners manual pg 218). Or is it just a straight swap? Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My old steel wheels were 185/65 r15

New alloys are 195/55 r16

So the sizes you are looking at are the same as my swap. My corsa is also the design model.

I did a straight swap. What I gained in the extra inch of rim I lost in tyre wall hight so I didn't get the speedo recalibrated. It was close enough once equalled out. The tyre pressure monitoring system sensors live between the rim and and the tyre so if you want these, you'll have to get the tyres taken off the rim of your old wheels and put inside the new alloys. New ones cost between £25-£50 each when I looked and you'll need a tool to send a signal to the cars computer to read the sensors that's about £13 off amazon.

My alloys needed new tyres so got the garage to transfer the sensors from the old to the new rims.

No problems for me since doing it. A little more grip in corners but that's only a good thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts