Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Wrong car Anthony, that video is him driving in an Astra VXR.

However some Corsa VXR's in the background.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i watched after i posted so i was a bit disappointed. starts off well then he gets in a bloody Astra

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The Corsa E VXR is so disappointing, especially looks wise... Such a shame, the D VXR looks great.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
LimeyUK said:
The Corsa E VXR is so disappointing, especially looks wise... Such a shame, the D VXR looks great.
Yes, having now been to see one in the flesh I agree. That is the main reason I've not ordered mine yet. :-(

There is no real difference to an LE from a distance and made worse by the fact that it is not available in a completely different and unique set of colours. The white, red and lime green are already common on lower spec E's. The only unique to VXR colour is the blue (the car I went to look at was in that dark blue) and it is very dark in the flesh and hides all the Corsa 3 doors most attractive features and hides the specific VXR features too!

It needs to be offered in a set of unique lighter, brighter shades including the Chilli orange. Had it been available in Chilli Orange and had about 50hp more in stock form and had significantly different body kit to the LE plus a better sounding exhaust (sounds very weedy!) I'd order one.

Also that bonnet scoop is fake as far as I could tell, nothing more than a plastic blanking plate so was pointless putting it there.

It also doesn't have sufficient power compared with the new cars that are coming out in that class of car, performance is actually only mediocre for its power (6.5 seconds 0-60 is poor for a tiny car with 200hp) and the fuel economy and emissions are very high - VED is high rate compared to other cars with similar performance. In fact several magazines have tested it on 0-60 runs and can't get it less than 7.4 seconds because of the odd gearing in the gearbox. I found the same even in Dafny. Ideally they need to offer a set of tuning packages like Ford do with the ST so you can order more powerful versions.

Maybe they need a new engine in it but are short of funds at the moment and will be releasing a revised version next year? Maybe I should wait!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think i would wait, all the things you'v pointed out will hopefully be addressed and a new version made available if sales drop

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It needs a complete revision. It doesn't look nearly different enough to be worthy of a VXR badge imo.

The Fiesta ST doesn't look too different from its standard counterpart, but at the same time it looks different enough that you immediately know it's an ST.

VX should consider doing something Like Ford regarding the level of customisation available - they already offer high customisation on the Adam so it wouldn't be too hard to do similar to VXR, even with engine tunings.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
They need to start with the colours. Really poor range of colours for the premium car in the Corsa range. Only one unique colour to VXR and no yellow or orange, which would be my preferred choice. They could also do with offering more wheel choice.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That too. Would be great to see the ST Orange on the VXR, plus the sunburst colour they had on the standard Ds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts