Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so its true I am very picky and anal and OCD and a lot of the niggles with my car I wouldn't be fussed about if it was a used car and/or didn't have warranty and I'd have to pay to get them fixed, however now it's getting more serious, in addition to the ticking noise fault mentioned in the technical section, I'm now getting a squeaking/squealing noise from the front when driving over bumpy, rough or uneven road surfaces, but not speed bumps, potholes and so on, and regardless of whether in gear or neutral theres a lot of play in the gearlever, in terms of the amount of movement in it when "moving it about on the spot" its always had a bit more play than I thought was normal but has gradually got worse, its only done 4300 miles so I'm not confident about how good the long term reliability is going to be. :cry: just at my wits end now, a new car was bought because of all the faults, expensive bills and things going wrong on my old car, if anything this is worse.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
You've been extremely unlucky unfortunately.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You ain't a happy fella are ya ?? Ditch the car and buy something else pal. All I can say is My SRi is bloody brilliant..

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Really sorry to hear this Hendry. You must have got an end of shift car. Was yours built in Spain or Germany? I'd be curious to know which cars are the most reliable and fault free.

Mine is definitely German built and I have now done 10,500 trouble free miles. I believe most 3 door LE's are built in Germany but 5 door cars are built in Spain - one additional reason to get a 3 door LE.

It seems that all your issues are build quality rather than bad design and in my experience my Corsa is a super little car and well designed. In my case also well built.

I'm not sure to what extent your expectations are clouding your judgement. As I've said previously, I've owned dozens of brand new cars and they have all suffered some minor issues including the German ones and even the Toyotas! If you accept that a car made from 2500 separate components ( and built down to a cost not upto a specification) will always have some small issues then your enjoyment of the new car will be higher than going into it believing that because it is new and expensive it should be faultless.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mud4fun said:
Really sorry to hear this Hendry. You must have got an end of shift car. Was yours built in Spain or Germany? I'd be curious to know which cars are the most reliable and fault free.

Mine is definitely German built and I have now done 10,500 trouble free miles. I believe most 3 door LE's are built in Germany but 5 door cars are built in Spain - one additional reason to get a 3 door LE.

It seems that all your issues are build quality rather than bad design and in my experience my Corsa is a super little car and well designed. In my case also well built.

I'm not sure to what extent your expectations are clouding your judgement. As I've said previously, I've owned dozens of brand new cars and they have all suffered some minor issues including the German ones and even the Toyotas! If you accept that a car made from 2500 separate components ( and built down to a cost not upto a specification) will always have some small issues then your enjoyment of the new car will be higher than going into it believing that because it is new and expensive it should be faultless.
I think from the vin number its a German one, but really that means bugger all, VWs are German built (not all of them obviously) and they aren't any great shakes either anymore.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It was the same years ago with Ford Fiesta mk 2's,,some were built in Spain and some in Germany and the spanish ones always rusted before the german cars lol

Again years ago when we were buying a fiesta xr2's we made sure it was a german VIN lol :!:

German stuff is always better made unless you drive a Audi,anyone for a clutch or steering rack or callipers or water pump lol :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can fully sympathise.

About 4 years ago, I bought a new Mini - a lovely Cooper D in black. Looked great, and went like a rocket!

However, a few months in, it was vandalized, and all panels keyed. To make matters worse, it then developed a sound akin to somebody frying something in the left side of the car!

They had a few techs out on home visits, took it around 8-10 times to take it apart (even removing the dashboard at one point), but it was to no avail, and the noise continued. It was loud, and constant. It drove me totally mad as you could not escape it when even ever you drove it. :shock:

What happened was that I eventually requested Mini take it back, as they clearly couldn't fix the problem at all. I was told that if I had bought it through Mini finance, then that would have happened.

I'd used private finance, savings, etc. - so I was to them, in effect, the owner of a fully paid for vehicle. Basically, nothing really to do with them anymore. They were happy to just keep taking it in until the warranty ran out.

Since then, I've had 2 other new cars - 1 Hyundai, and this Corsa. Both with PCP's. A lesson I learned hard with Mini.

I hope you get yours sorted soon! :cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Liverpaul I get the same sound coming from the passenger side a bit like tin foil as you said....at first I thought it was coming from the air vents but it its only briefly and when changing from 1st to 2nd but also does not affect the driveability of the car so I wouldn't worry about it in fact I'd forgotten about it until I read your post lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm having loads of issues too with my 1ltr LE have just written a letter of complaint to reject the car . Just waiting to hear back from VX head office, so I feel your pain , I also have had no air conditioning after only having my car for 2 weeks. My dealership have been great and really helpful head sales manager worded my complaint and rejection letter for me I just had to embellish it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts