Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up my new 1.4T LE in stormtrooper colours yesterday after trading in my 1.2 excite. What a difference in drive!!! My only niggles are the clutch being a tad too high and my ipod dropping connection a lot, still its a small price to pay for such an awesome car! very happy with it. Planning on adding some bits; I've already dropped in the wind deflectors and have some mtec xenon bulds, a flyeyes light kit and a few decals sitting here waiting for some sun and non-gale winds! After that it's a re-map, induction kit and exhaust.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys, it's a great looking little motor. I was very tempted with black originally but saw the white version in the show room and made a last minute decision, glad I did :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i decided this weekend as the sun was out to get on with some bits for the car. Firstly a jolly good wash and wax and inside clean. I then debadged the back and plasti-dipped my front and back emblems. Considering it was my first time with plasti-dip it turned out not too bad, although I would have preferred a smoother finish. In the future i think i'll get the emblems and back lock taken off and sprayed properly in gloss, but looks good for now :)

Tomorrow if the weather holds i'll put my flyeyes kit on the front lights and get my stack door decals added.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aye i used plasti dip. It's pretty straight forward to use as it peels off the paint work and tears cleanly around the emblem. make sure your car is well covered as if you don't have a garage like me you'll get some spray back on the car, although it wipes off cleanly. I took some pics mid spray.

Make sure the grill is fully covered so none gets into your radiator.

It's annoyingly windy where I am at the mo which made it a bit more of a pain, but i like the effect. Here's a simple you tube demo too.

This is where I got mine from, it's the genuine stuff at a decent price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271272052217?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=570184999290&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

·
Registered
122 Posts
jimmy1mc said:
Aye i used plasti dip. It's pretty straight forward to use as it peels off the paint work and tears cleanly around the emblem. make sure your car is well covered as if you don't have a garage like me you'll get some spray back on the car, although it wipes off cleanly. I took some pics mid spray.

Make sure the grill is fully covered so none gets into your radiator.

It's annoyingly windy where I am at the mo which made it a bit more of a pain, but i like the effect. Here's a simple you tube demo too.

This is where I got mine from, it's the genuine stuff at a decent price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271272052217?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=570184999290&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Cheers mate

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after finally getting the trooper to work properly on a Dyno, care of cmartino off the forums, I finished up my remap today. At stage 1, the little beast is now maxing out at 165.9, which is blummin awesome!

For those interested, to get the corsa into 'dyno mode' you need to drive the car on the dyno with the handbrake on for about a minute, the traction button will flash during this time, then go solid amber. After that your good to go :)

...now time to start saving for that intercooler...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The stage one trooper got a rebel alliance update, adding red stripes, wing mirrors, red mats, sunstrip and alloygators. Next month she will be lowered, calipers painted and induction kit added. After that, all the styling will be finished and it's on to stage 2 remap with decat and cooler.

Sadly the plastidip started to peel inside the front emblem as i don't think i cleaned them well enough before applying. I'll no doubt give this another go in the near future too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
jimmy1mc said:
The stage one trooper got a rebel alliance update, adding red stripes, wing mirrors, red mats, sunstrip and alloygators. Next month she will be lowered, calipers painted and induction kit added. After that, all the styling will be finished and it's on to stage 2 remap with decat and cooler.

Sadly the plastidip started to peel inside the front emblem as i don't think i cleaned them well enough before applying. I'll no doubt give this another go in the near future too.
REally like the red accents, they pop really well with the other colours!
the scuffs look sick on the wheels as well! more reason for me to purchase some of my own ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.