Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
This is my first post here, My question is about the infotainment system, I find when driving at night the light from the infotainment I find distracting, I have looked in the manual to see if there any way of dimming the light but cannot find any instruction.
Thanks,
Victor.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Next to the headlights there's a little up/down (volume like) control and if you hold it down it dims the intellilink but a bit of a pain it also dims the speedo - this is the only way I believe.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Matthew said:
Next to the headlights there's a little up/down (volume like) control and if you hold it down it dims the intellilink but a bit of a pain it also dims the speedo - this is the only way I believe.
Hi Mathew that's the way I have done it & seems ok for me, best to be done when its getting dark & recheck Speedo illumination etc next morning.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
There's no brightness setting for Intellilink.

As the others have posted, the only way to change it is to dim the dashboard brightness.

If you have auto lights, it came become quite annoying and an inconvenience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for all your help, I will try the dimmer switch and see, I do have auto lights switch. At the moment when driving at night I cover the light with my left arm, other than turning the system off.
Thanks again.
Victor

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i was driving in heavy rain last night on the M25 and the intellilink even dimmed was very distracting. also i think they should have put the heater controls above the radio which would have made it lower

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
anthony said:
i was driving in heavy rain last night on the M25 and the intellilink even dimmed was very distracting. also i think they should have put the heater controls above the radio which would have made it lower
The system actually needs to be higher, due to its use as a sat nav. It is too low for use as that.

Obviously if it was higher, it needs its own brightness setting, or a special privacy shade.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I haven't found it a problem so far, but then being a shortarse I have the seat quite far forward so it's shielded by my arm most of the time! :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anybody know how to change the colours on Intellink? The red text on the black background is much nicer that the white background but only appears to come on when the headlights are on...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have auto lights but the screen doesn't always go black when the lights turn on. Bit odd I thought! I prefer the black screen too but would like the clock in a different place as the steering wheel obscures it from view when the screen is on.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I prefer the white background but I get a red one? It sometimes changes - I'm not sure what causes the colour to change apart from lights being on = black?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Matthew said:
I prefer the white background but I get a red one? It sometimes changes - I'm not sure what causes the colour to change apart from lights being on = black?
If you have sight and light pack, it's not even as simple as lights on = black :lol:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Carlhusky8801 said:
Has anyone thought about buying (and trimming down) a tinted (tablet) screen protector ?
People have mentioned it, but it's more effort than is generally expected.

People have also mentioned the privacy screens you can get, but of course that would give a restricted view too.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Carlhusky8801 said:
Has anyone thought about buying (and trimming down) a tinted (tablet) screen protector ?
I have been trying to find one at a sensible price with a good review - zilch..

I cut a clear iPad protector up and fitted it on day 1 just to give the flimsy plastic screen a fighting chance.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jarviser said:
Carlhusky8801 said:
I have been trying to find one at a sensible price with a good review - zilch..

I cut a clear iPad protector up and fitted it on day 1 just to give the flimsy plastic screen a fighting chance.
I've left the one that was on it when I got the car..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts