Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am getting my new vauxhall corsa sri 1.4T on sunday, I have just been on compare the market for quotes and it doesn't seem this particular car is on there. I matched the car best i could and rang the cheapest quote diamond. I went through all the details of the car and it seems they can not find it on the database. Has anyone else struggled for insurance? Any pointers would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
501 Posts
when I phoned mine they classed mine as class 99 when its class 10. I recently took out a new insurance on my old Honda civic 97, class 17. for two of it came to 700 odd and 70 a month. when I done what you have done it said 400 the lowest so I thought great low insurance for a change. long story short I now have to pay £1100 and £116 month! im basically paying my old civic and my new corsa as it both adds up to he required £1100. never had this problem before when going from big and small car's.

back on the subject yes it dosnt come up on most sites.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm.. Odd. The problem I have is I have a corsa now and I'm only a named driver and my insurance runs out after tomorrow therefore I'm taking my old corsa to the dealer tomorrow as I won't be insured on Sunday. As it's my dad's policy and he's kindly letting me part ex the old corsa I have never had a insurance policy of my own hence why I am having issues. Diamond did say when I go tomorrow ask for a Abi 8 digit code and ring them back, they should be able to find the car with that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke to the dealer yesterday to arrange to take my old car today and I also asked about the free to go insurance and he said they don't do it anymore. I am going to show him it on the website today, as they clearly do still do it. I'm just concerned I won't be able to get my car tomorrow if I don't have insurance :-(

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
problem is Vauxhall insurance is only open Monday-Friday .also my dealer needed the free to go cover note so he could tax the car for me to pick on Monday, although the 1st year tax is free they still have to tax it

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
When I rang A Plan up (about 6 weeks ago) for a quote on my Corsa they couldn't find it on their system either. I suspect with it being a new model that some of these insurance company databases haven't been updated with the lastest data. Mine is a 3dr Limited Edition 1.4T. Oddly though they did have the 1.0T listed!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just been the retailer they gave me the free to go insurance to do at home. Done it and I'm still waiting for a cover note to be sent to me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I absolutely love my new corsa, it's amazing. Didn't think I would like it as much as a do. I'm impressed with the car and the engine. The extras I got are incredible. I got 5 days free insurance, still need to sort my proper insurance out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorted my insurance out today as i am a young 24 year old driver. My Sri 1.4 turbo is £625. Just glad i got it sorted in the end

G

·
Sorted my insurance for Saturday, Swiftcover recognise the new Corsa and I'm happy as my insurance has dropped by £5 a month :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
gkmorris said:
Sorted my insurance for Saturday, Swiftcover recognise the new Corsa and I'm happy as my insurance has dropped by £5 a month :D
That's good then, I'm with swiftcover. I've not been in touch with them yet, I'll wait until I have a reg

G

·
There is an option on the site if you don't know the reg but best to wait for a definite date and your current car is covered on that date up until you collect the new one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had problems with Direct Line initially and had to phone - they eventually got it sorted and got mine for £370 fully comp with Legal - for a 21 year old I was happy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts