Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question regarding the Intellilink night mode, or the black background, this may only happen on cars with sight and light pack, but with my lights on auto setting, sometimes when they switch on by themselves (obviously the sensor detecting its dark enough to require the lights to be on) the Intellilink doesn't go into nightmode or black background, whereas I had assumed, as in every car ive ever driven before, when the lights come on (or you manually switch them on in a car without auto setting) that the exterior lights coming on would also mean the interior lights/stereo switching on as well as obviously if its dark enough to require exterior lights its also dark enough to require interior backlighting of the buttons and dials.

Also possibly related, but definitely only applies to cars with sight and light, sometimes when it's dark so the auto lights have came on, the instances where the Intellilink actually has gone to night mode, and the interior dials/buttons have lit up, I notice sometimes the ambient light on the bottom of the rear view mirror doesn't light up, its not faulty because it eventually comes on on its own independently of everything else when it gets much darker but again I wouldve assumed it should come on with the interior buttons/dials lighting up due to it being dark, surely it's not clever enough to have its own sensor which says "oh its dark enough to need the dials and buttons backlit and the exterior lights on but not dark enough yet for me to come on"

Particularly when on my Astra H with sight and light pack, if the light sensor detected darkness and put the exterior lights on, the speedo dials, stereo, trip computer/stereo display screen and interior button backlighting plus the light on the bottom of the rear view mirror (the E has the exact same anti dazzle mirror as the Astra H just with a red rather than orange light, rather than the style of mirror in Astra Js and Insignias) and the ambient lights in the door handles ALL came on together.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The intelilink doesn't go to night mode if it doesn't need to. It has to be a certain darkness for it to go to night mode, whereas the lights require a much lessened darkness in order to turn on automatically.

Basically, the sensor can detect when it is still day time, but dull/visibility is poor enough to require lighting.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LimeyUK said:
The intelilink doesn't go to night mode if it doesn't need to. It has to be a certain darkness for it to go to night mode, whereas the lights require a much lessened darkness in order to turn on automatically.

Basically, the sensor can detect when it is still day time, but dull/visibility is poor enough to require lighting.
Yeah that's what I was asking, if its normal for the Intellilink to go into night mode I dependently of the lights coming on, because in most cars the interior goes into night mode in conjunction with the headlights coming on.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yea, it's normal with auto lights - it's got a good enough sensor and a clever enough program to determine it.

Would be interesting to hear if it does it without auto lights - because if it does, it means there's a light sensor on the corsa anyway!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well my corsa does have both systems connected when my lights come on because of the shade or a tunnel etc.. the radio goes into night mode

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
tynamic said:
Well my corsa does have both systems connected when my lights come on because of the shade or a tunnel etc.. the radio goes into night mode
Yea, thats because the sensors can only detect a certain % of light, so it will trigger night mode.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

I have Corsa without auto lights, and my Intellilink doesn't go automatically, only when you turn on lights.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
ThaweK said:
Hi,

I have Corsa without auto lights, and my Intellilink doesn't go automatically, only when you turn on lights.
What about if you turn your lights on during the day? Does intelilink stay in day mode?

·
Registered
80 Posts
LimeyUK said:
ThaweK said:
Hi,

What about if you turn your lights on during the day? Does intelilink stay in day mode?
Nope, goes black.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ah, just as I thought - no light sensor at all, so no way for it to tell.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's probably possible. Daylight sensor bought separately, special connection cable, activate in infamous hidden developer mode menu and you are good to go. Unfortunately, on my light switch I have only OFF, POSition light, an normal. On off mode I get DRL on. So my auto lights would need to be fitted on off position, so DRL would automatically be switched to normal lights. It would be actually really useful as now in long tunnels I have to switch lights manually (on short I'm too lazy to do it)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts