Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am looking for some advice if possible.
My granddaughter has a 2015 which is currently fitted with an Intellilink R3.0. She is wanting Apple Carplay and I was thinking of adding a couple of additional extras for her like parking sensors and a reverse camera. She also must have a dashcam (insurance requirement).
Rather than going for the Intellilink R.30 to R4.0 upgrade and then having to add all the other bits, I was thinking that of just going with an android head unit. I was looking at the Atoto ones, but the ones that looked particularly appealing was the Teyes CC3. They do a version of this specifically for the "Opel Corsa 2014 - 2019".
Has anyone had any experience with Teyes units and in terms of this specific one do they know if it would be a straight replacement from the Intellilink R3.0 or whether it is meant as a retrofit to the R4.0 so I would need different connectors, canbus decoder, trim pieces, etc?
The before & after photos on Aliexpress look like it replacing the R3.0.
Many thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
To be honest I would stay clear from anything bought on Aliexpess.

you’re probably looking at easy £300 for a decent head unit and a separate can-bus and fitting kit will set you back another £250.

I would opt an Intellilink r4 unit from Intellilink mods. They also sell camera kits as well.

if you go for an R4 kit you will need new trim from a mid 16 car onwards. Intellilink mods have the new part numbers on their website.

you can pick the trim from eBay quite cheaply, just make sure you don’t buy the old parts instead of the new ones

1 - 2 of 2 Posts