Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier on my intellilink Screen started showing the display for parking sensors. My car isn't fitted with them though, but it has an eagle eye view of a Corsa with the lines infront of it showing how close it is to the object infront, there's an amber and yellow line infront and the "side" sensors if fitted are showing a yellow line at either side. I'm baffled as to how it can show them if the car doesn't have the sensors. But more importantly I cannot see anything on my screen as that display won't go away, so I can't see my Bluetooth, radio stations or the songs I'm listening to via USB, pretty annoying.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Someone on the facebook group had the same problem. I think he sorted it by locking the car, letting everything shut off (about 30 seconds) then unlocked it and it was fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. I let it reset it self but also spoke to vauxhall. They are aware of the issue and have booked it in next week to replace the system

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Ashleyh1984 said:
I had the same problem. I let it reset it self but also spoke to vauxhall. They are aware of the issue and have booked it in next week to replace the system
be cheeky - ask for R4.0!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
hendry said:
Earlier on my intellilink Screen started showing the display for parking sensors. My car isn't fitted with them though, but it has an eagle eye view of a Corsa with the lines infront of it showing how close it is to the object infront, there's an amber and yellow line infront and the "side" sensors if fitted are showing a yellow line at either side. I'm baffled as to how it can show them if the car doesn't have the sensors. But more importantly I cannot see anything on my screen as that display won't go away, so I can't see my Bluetooth, radio stations or the songs I'm listening to via USB, pretty annoying.
I had that last very thing night, although I do have sensors. Refused to go away and jammed out the screen.
Most of these unstable failures seem to happen if you have the temerity to stop and start the engine without getting out the car then reverse out.
Like Leachie said. Get out, lock the car, wait for the red brake indicator on the dash to go out. This reboots the system. Get back in and it should be OK.
Very inconvenient if you are on the open road.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thanks Jarviser, I don't normally have many issues with Interlink but this morning at about 9am started car as normal all seemed ok
but noticed Interlink Screen was in Night Mode & Headlight beam was also on ( Auto Light Sensing ). Perfect day with blue
sky & bright sunlight. Tried a reboot as above but still the same?? Drove off for 10 minute journey to the Gym and was 6 minutes
before Auto Sensing reset and went to daylight mode, Interlink & Headlights changed as normal.

Very strange & been ok again since.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My SE 1.0 T is two weeks old the intellink screen is permanently in night mode, also when I started the car this morning, a message appeared stating Firmware update in progress, has anyone else seen this? would appreciate any advice. thanks

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
milly said:
My SE 1.0 T is two weeks old the intellink screen is permanently in night mode, also when I started the car this morning, a message appeared stating Firmware update in progress, has anyone else seen this? would appreciate any advice. thanks
do you have OnStar?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
milly said:
intellink screen is permanently in night mode
99.99% of people on this forum dream of having that!!! It would resolve all our brightness issues :)

I suspect V4 may have a setting to enable night mode permanently. It would be a much simpler and cheaper fix for GM to implement than putting a hardware dimmer control on the intellilink unit.

It would certainly resolve my issues and cure one of my biggest annoyances with the car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My car has always had the dark screen, I will have to check the settings, because even in bright sunlight the lights come on . This seems to defeat the auto light function. I have never seen a firmware update message before though.m

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
milly said:
Yes I have On Star and R4.0
it's also galling that they can download a fix for the R4 already but not the R3.
I was getting ready for new firmware via OnStar like Milly is getting but then my bubble was burst when she said R4. That must gave been built before New Year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Corsa vxr arriving tomorrow and was ordered in December, what version of intellink will I have or will it be luck of the draw?
Thanks in advance! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry tjb I can't help you there, I simply ordered a SE 1.0t and expected it to be fitted with r3.0 version, luckily it has r4.0 and onstar. If your order was a factory build it will probably have the r4.0 version.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Just sat waiting for SWMBO to finish at the hairdressers. Engine off,key in. So radio packs in after 10 mins. I turn key to pos 1 and radio resumes.
Start car when she gets in and for the whole of the journey home I have no sound on the turn signals. I can guarantee something will fail if I do anything unusual with the radio or ign key.
Pull out key and let radio go off. Fault fixed.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Intellilink is now more and more frequently randomly playing short 3-4 second bursts of sound through the speakers with the keys not in the ignition, usually it's when any of the doors or the tailgate is opened or closed. passenger door or tailgate seems more prone to it than the drivers door.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Jarviser, mine does that too. Does my head in. Sat listening to radio while eating McDonalds it always cuts off right in middle of good song or when my fingers are covered in mayo. Turning key off/on often results in radio showing as on but no sound so have to turn off again, take key out of ignition then start again by which time I've missed half the song.

All the while being blinded by brightness until it eventually realises I have side lights on (to force it into night mode) and switches to night mode. Sometimes it takes it 30 seconds to switch. Several times now it has stuck in day mode even though I'm driving up a motorway in the dark with my headlights on. Very dangerous as it is blinding. As I couldn't turn key off while on motorway I had to dim whole dash so I then couldn't read dials. POS!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have this other issue I've just noticed. In fact it's actually dangerous, it's not intellilink but it's still the trip computer and I reckon they're all linked anyway (hence the headlight dimming the screen) - If I set cruise to idk 50. For the first 30-45 seconds I can't change it. This becomes an issue when the people infront are slowing down and I want to lower it to say, 40-45 and this easily works after 45 seconds because I'd slow down in time and be at a steady speed with the rest of the traffic.

I've noticed if I try change it between 30-45 seconds after setting it - it refuses. It flicks from 50 to 49.. 48 then back to 50. I can't do anything so my car's still travelling at the same speed even though I've told it not to. Obviously I can put my foot on the brake to cancel it and slow down but then I'd have to re-set the cruise speed and it'd do the same thing over again even if I only needed to slow down 1-2mph.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts