Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent an email to vauxhall to see if there are going to be any updates to our system (which i was told by my dealer that they will probably add new apps on each service) but it looks like our one is already out of date and they are now going to use the New one in the Astra.
shame really as the apps he lists are a bit boring and could do with some new ones .
anyways here is the reply i received , maybe if we all write to him and use PEOPLE POWER

Hi Anthony,

Simon Hucknall forwarded me your questions with regard to the intelliLink system in Corsa.

The system in Corsa is different to that in the new Astra although the all come under the banner of 'IntelliLink'. I believe you are referring to the systems compatibility with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and the associated apps that these systems allow you to utilise.

Unfortunately at this stage the IntelliLink system in Corsa is not compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

However Apps that are available for the IntelliLink system include the Navigation App BringGo, and internet radio apps TuneIn and Stitcher.

Best Regards

Ian Mitchell
Brand Manager
Corsa & ADAM
Vauxhall Motors

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(Unfortunately at this stage the IntelliLink system in Corsa is not compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.)

i think this bit means we have moved on and now have a new system. :cry: they seem to forget that this is the new Corsa will be interesting to see what the VXR and the Adam Grand Slam get

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Do you think maybe they will put the new Astra one into MY16 Corsa? They didn't really say anything we didn't already know in their reply, lol!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Pretty annoying really, the Corsa E has only been out 3-4 months and now because of the new Astra with the 'better' Intellilink ours will now be forgotten about!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I also got told by my dealer about it getting updated. He didn't know exactly but he said android and Windows phones will have features like iPhone. He also said there all more apps coming before Xmas. I can't see the corsa being outdated compared to the new Astra. Vauxhall like keeping old things going for as long as possible. The 1.2 and 1.4 engines that'll in the corsa d came from the corsa c! Sames goes for chassis for this car it's from the D. So I think we're get it in time.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It would be a horrific decision by VX to not keep a relatively new system updated. I can't see why they would put a completely different Intellilink system onto the Astra either - it doesn't make sense to develop a new system, rather than update the current one!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Grrr, I hope they update the intellink. I want the screen to dim (black out like a tablet) after a period of no interaction. I also want to be able to actually turn the screen off, not have a big clock and light on the screen when it is supposed to be off!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Reddaz said:
Grrr, I hope they update the intellink. I want the screen to dim (black out like a tablet) after a period of no interaction. I also want to be able to actually turn the screen off, not have a big clock and light on the screen when it is supposed to be off!
Does it not actually turn off completely then? I test drove during daylight hours but didn't really take any notice of the Intellilink until when I was sat in it afterwards.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My dealer said that VX should have new apps by the end of the year - I specifically mentioned Google Maps, but he just replied with "new apps".

Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay probably won't be supported I don't think - I guess it takes much more system resources, as the Astra's new IntelliLink has roughly 3x the processing power apparently.

My Dealer did say it should be possible to do infotainment unit swaps though, are the screen sizes are the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just thought I'd pass on something that may or may not be known. Having had an issue with a frozen Intellilink and having contacted VX help, there is a fairly substantial update due in November. Have read elsewhere that this may contain Android compatibility. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, Android Auto isn't supported currently, and Siri Eyes free functionality can be transferred to Android Auto so if they optimise this you should be able to navigate by voice. Just a thought. Hopefully apps should be updated too. If you have Android and haven't got it, Car Dashdroid is a good stop gap, you can configure it to launch when the car detects your device by Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
miracledrivel said:
Yes, Android Auto isn't supported currently, and Siri Eyes free functionality can be transferred to Android Auto so if they optimise this you should be able to navigate by voice. Just a thought. Hopefully apps should be updated too. If you have Android and haven't got it, Car Dashdroid is a good stop gap, you can configure it to launch when the car detects your device by Bluetooth.
Neither Android Auto or CarPlay are supported yet, but at least you can use Siri with iOS.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
miracledrivel said:
Having spoken to a few people it seems highly likely both Car Play and Android Auto will be supported via update. It's likely the update will be available November but this is not official.
I would hope so, but don't hold your breath. Even the new BMW 7 series doesn't have support for either from launch.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.