Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people's thoughts on the brightness of the intellink at night? The wife finds it quite off putting and dangerous. It does dim at night but doesn't seem to be enough. No obvious way of changing the brightness on screen. Only using the instrument panel light dimmer.

Could almost do with a screen saver or display off at night!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Totally agree. It is a nightmare. About 90% of my 15K annual mileage is done at night so it soon became clear it was not fit for purpose. Distractingly bright in my opinion. Sure it can be dimmed using the instrument backlight dimmer (when the lights are on) however to reduce intellink brightness to acceptable means you then can't read the instruments!

I hate the intellink unit. I can't wait to replace it with a decent head unit. I also hate the fact you can't turn the damn thing off. Even in daylight hours it is too bright and if you 'power it off' it reverts to the clock screen which is then even more bright than the radio screen!!! It needs a dimmer switch AND a proper power off button.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I ajusted my Brightness by going to Settings on the Interlink > Display Settings > Brightness > then setting to a level which was suitable to me & save by clicking OK. Worked for me.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Thanks Derek, I'll give it a go, pretty sure I tried that already though.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thanks Ian, had to adjust mine first day I had my car as was too bright for me but seems to be ok for me now.

Derek

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I can't even find the display settings option now :-( Is it under vehicle settings? Do you have to turn lights on to get that menu option?

·
Registered
895 Posts
On the Interlink go to the Home Page on lower right of Option Screen you will see settings ?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes I can access the settings menu but no display settings option in there that I can see? There are some settings for adjusting beep volumes, default radio volume and vehicle settings but no display option.

·
Registered
895 Posts
If I remember correctly top of Menu is Time & Date Settings > Then Radio Settings etc > use Scroll Bar on right to Schroll down to the Display Settings ?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes, tried that, no display settings on page 1 or 2 of settings.

Hang on I'll take some pictures of my menus :) I'm just wondering if you get the extra option with the light and sight pack? If true then that is ridiculous as the intellink brightness should be available to anybody with the thing fitted.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hi Ian just checked on mine again & can't find it ether now ugh so completely lost now how I done it - will keep looking ?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes. I think it is only adjustable by the dimmer for instrument lights which is no good as by the time I've reduced intellink brightness the dash intrument backlight has vanished altogether!

I see from googling this issue that there are lots of complaints about it being too bright including people in US with GM cars.

It is probably more of an annoyance to those of us who do lots of night driving. My 125 mile commute to work is at 4:30am so even in summer it is mostly in the dark. Idiot who designed intellink clearly hasn't tried driving long distances at night with it!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
It needs sorting but GM don't seem to be doing much development of intellink. I see from the US forums that the complaints go back a couple of years, not just about brightness but also the lack of apps, lack of integration with phones etc.

The next generation of in car systems is not far away, they'll have far closer integration with mobile operating systems so I suspect GM will not bother developing intellilink. They certainly don't seem to have brought put any new apps in last two years. Mine will be ripped out and replaced as soon as a Microsoft release mirrorlink on their phone O/S so I can use an Alpine HU instead.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I saw this thread earlier, went and checked mine when out and was going to say I have no display options but you beat me to it!

I hope Vauxhall do improve the interlink, it could be better.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts