Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washed and waxed the car today and found a couple of issues inside.

Passenger door handle looks like the gloss trim has popped off of the handle. Tried pushing it back on but it isn't staying there.

Grille Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design

Then I noticed a large gap in the panel between the door frame and the dash.

Automotive tire Textile Wood Grey Rim

What can I do? Back to dealer or contact Vauxhall?

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the same at the end of my dash were it will not clip in right. Also top of the drivers door seems sunk in instead of flush but i hate going into arnold shark as the last time i was called a lier when the defect was obvious.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
andy1978 said:
I have the same at the end of my dash were it will not clip in right. Also top of the drivers door seems sunk in instead of flush but i hate going into arnold shark as the last time i was called a lier when the defect was obvious.
If they treat you like that then I would go direct to Vauxhall and just state that the dealer is not helping

·
Registered
961 Posts
andy1978 said:
Which Arnold Clark Andy?

I bought mines from Linwood Vauxhall and the sales process was appalling but their after sales side have been ok so far with me (massive improvement from how they were 6/7 years ago when I used to use them for other Vauxhalls I've had) and Glasgow North Garscube Road have also been OK with me.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So back to Uncle Arnold the car goes.

I am really paranoid that it suffers more damage at the hands of the dealer. It already has damage from the PDI that even a professional detailer could not remove as the scratches are through to the white primer.

When I got the car inspected the bodyshop manager informed me that the dash was sitting crooked and would need realigned. Today, the workshop manager told me they wouldn't fix that. The desk jockey, although he could feel that there is 1-1.5cm difference, and didn't actually look at it, said he 'couldn't see the difference'.

I suggested they all go and have a chat together.

Explained how paranoid I was that the paint became further damaged that the bodyshop manager moved his car, from a great big space, to let me park it in his space.

Still no word about the peeling paint from the rear bumper, which has to go back to Vauxhall for discussion.

Is it too much to expect a new car to be 'new' and for people to treat it as someone's valuable possession?

I do not know how many times I stated the car has not to be washed. They even added it to the job sheet, which I read fully. They don't seem to like you reading the paperwork that they ask you to sign. Then they asked me to sign for the loan car before I had seen it. Duh, no!

Oh well. Time will tell.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Geo said:
So back to Uncle Arnold the car goes.

I am really paranoid that it suffers more damage at the hands of the dealer. It already has damage from the PDI that even a professional detailer could not remove as the scratches are through to the white primer.

When I got the car inspected the bodyshop manager informed me that the dash was sitting crooked and would need realigned. Today, the workshop manager told me they wouldn't fix that. The desk jockey, although he could feel that there is 1-1.5cm difference, and didn't actually look at it, said he 'couldn't see the difference'.

I suggested they all go and have a chat together.

Explained how paranoid I was that the paint became further damaged that the bodyshop manager moved his car, from a great big space, to let me park it in his space.

Still no word about the peeling paint from the rear bumper, which has to go back to Vauxhall for discussion.

Is it too much to expect a new car to be 'new' and for people to treat it as someone's valuable possession?

I do not know how many times I stated the car has not to be washed. They even added it to the job sheet, which I read fully. They don't seem to like you reading the paperwork that they ask you to sign. Then they asked me to sign for the loan car before I had seen it. Duh, no!

Oh well. Time will tell.
Which Arnold Clark mate?

I had a major issue with my dash and their Linwood branch had the car for a week to sort the dash, needed a brand new one to cure it. They also broke my aerial mast and made a fault in the connection at the aerial base stopping the digital radio working when they washed the car when it was in having the dash sorted. They have fixed any problems ive had without qualm however and not did the usual "no fault found" line and are a lot better than they were years ago, they used to would avoid sorting anything unless it was really obvious or quite clearly broken, but their service is still very poor. As was the sale process.

I agree about them not wanting you to see the job card before you sign it etc and they gave me an LE loan car which was filthy (notn being picky, I wasn't really bothered if it was a wee bit grubby but it was manky inside like someone with kids who had got chocolate on the seats, happy meal toys and chips all over the floor, outside was so dirty you couldn't see out the windows and it had 1 measly bar of fuel in and they had the cheek to say return it on the same fuel or we will bill you for the fuel you used. This is despite a load of clean, refuelled ones sitting outside the showroom with "courtesy car" writing on them, but apparently they were for other customers, they didn't even have that one sitting waiting on me despite knowing for over a week I was booked in for a loan car, I reckon they think I'm a nuisance customer and a pain in the arse plus I don't take their shit or keep my mouth shut if they haven't done something right, I go back in and hassle them until they do it right.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm getting sick of hearing the rattles mine has somewhere in the middle of the dash, and in the glovebox. My car has been in twice already. Once for faulty indicator stalk (after 10 days of ownership) and it's just been in to have the door card replaced. Am I being picky or is this what I should expect from a new car these days? Had my corsa D 3 years with no faults at all!

·
Registered
961 Posts
JamesRogan said:
I'm getting sick of hearing the rattles mine has somewhere in the middle of the dash, and in the glovebox. My car has been in twice already. Once for faulty indicator stalk (after 10 days of ownership) and it's just been in to have the door card replaced. Am I being picky or is this what I should expect from a new car these days? Had my corsa D 3 years with no faults at all!
I suspect this happens with all new cars as in newly launched cars, our cars will all probably have issues that Corsa Es in 3 years time will be free of since as the model ages and develops faults get ironed out. Theres probably some issues that only come to light with real life use and no amount of product testing can discover. People always said to me, buy a car where the particular model has been out for a couple of years as any faults present when the car is launched will be ironed out, I never believed them as I always thought the car would be rigourously tested and quality control checked before being put on sale but now I do believe them, it is frustrating and annoying and none of us are happy about it but I think this is an issue that would affect even a newly launched BMW or Audi until it comes to light certain parts aren't of satisfactory quality in every day use or particular items have design faults, that's why manufacturers change the suppliers of components, renengineer interior trim which you'd never be able to tell as so on, redesign engine mechanicals etc because usage has highlighted issues, its rubbish and shouldnt happen but sometimes the first people to buy a new model are product testers and its only from the issues we have manufacturers know there's a problem and that they need to change or improve some things.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I haven't had any major issues with mine. Now done 6500 miles and only actual fault was squeaking clutch (fixed myself with some grease). Dash looks slightly misaligned at one end but not really noticeable and not worth making a fuss about. No rattles, no loose trim and nothing broken. So they do not all have faults. Mine was approx the 50K'th Corsa E built so maybe they had sorted some of the issues by then!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had what I thought was a rattle in the glovebox or dash, however it turned out to be a spot weld had broken off!!!! Great eh, local dealer fixed it or so they say. Might be worth checking.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And back on the phone.

Vauxhall have agreed to replace the two faulty trim panels, one on the door handle and one on the passenger side dash.

They have also agreed that the peeling paint on the rear number is also a warranty job.

So, the car is going back to Arnold Clark to have both these fixed. And the trouble begins...

I do understand that the organisation has different departments, service, bodyshop, sales etc. But why can't they all speak to each other to organise things. One department tells me they do not provide courtesy cars, another tells me they do but I have to pay insurance. I try to explain that when the car was in getting checked out by the service department, I got a courtesy car with no charge.

I even spoke to the sales manager, who wasn't aware of any of my issues as he only started there recently.

So, I have a car, that was cosmetically damaged when new, damaged further when their valet bay tried doing a 'machine polish', refinished by professional detailers at Arnold's cost (although some damage was too deep to repair). Now has trim panels that Vauxhall have agreed to replace under warranty and a rear bumper, with paint peeling off, that Vauxhall have agreed is a warranty repair due to whatever.

After speaking to the sales manager who didn't know why I was put through to him, I have asked him to discuss this with both departments and get it dealt with. I also asked for guidance on rejecting the car as it is not 6 months old yet, although I do understand the difficulties having a car on finance although a large deposit was paid by credit card so they are jointly responsible.

Ever get the feeling that the car you have was never meant to be?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've had nothing but silly issues with my 1.4T so my car is back and forth like a yoyo to the dealers.... Chattering wiper blade badly fitting side repeater loose interior mirror window seals and door rubber coming away and the door rattles every now and again

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
For the few people that have faults, there must be a few hundred who's cars are fine! It's just we don't hear so much about those that are happy!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
LeachiE said:
For the few people that have faults, there must be a few hundred who's cars are fine! It's just we don't hear so much about those that are happy!
Exactly! It's also related to varied levels of tolerance - I'm quite tolerant with what i expect from my car, anything cosmetic - unless it's blindingly obvious - I won't be fussed about at all.

IMO if you expect it to be absolutely perfect then for the most part you will be going back and forth to a dealer. Obviously there are going to be those that do need to go back to a dealer - they are the unlucky ones.

I've not had any true issues with mine. Ive been tempted to take it back in a couple of times for small 'issues' but then i realise they're small, and get over it.

You've also go to remember the fact that there is also a very high chance that the mechanics will just cause another fault by fixing it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Geo said:
Washed and waxed the car today and found a couple of issues inside.

Passenger door handle looks like the gloss trim has popped off of the handle. Tried pushing it back on but it isn't staying there.

View attachment 649

Then I noticed a large gap in the panel between the door frame and the dash.

View attachment 648

What can I do? Back to dealer or contact Vauxhall?
I have the same issue with the trim near the door and dash but mine is on the drivers side.

·
Registered
126 Posts
LeachiE said:
I'm very happy with the car, just got two issues but it's to be expected as not everyone will be perfect it's impossible, and having worked for Peugeot in the past I can safely say vx build quality and overall quality control is far superior.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Overall I am very happy with the car, drive is smooth, economical on fuel, quiet and nice to drive. The issues I have had, I have put up with and just got on with it. Although they do annoy me from time to time I try to forget about them.
Here is a list of the issues I have had so far with 5700 miles on the clock:

Very Squeaky clutch pedal - after 1000 miles!
Passenger door rattle - after 3K miles
Intermittent wiper judder - since new

Might try and fix the clutch pedal when I can be bothered, as for the others I will probably leave.

Adam

·
Registered
60 Posts
Are these problems related to 3 or 5 door or both models. It would be interesting to know as the 3 and 5 door models are built in different countries I believe. I am awaiting delivery of 5 door 1.0T SRi VX line in about 3 weeks which is built in spain.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.