Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Expecting 65 plate Corsa SE. New to phone calls using bluetooth, so....

Is there a microphone in the intellillilllilink unit or the steering wheel, or does it use the phone's microphone (i.e. can I leave it in my jeans pocket or what?)

Also anyone used a Galaxy Ace 4 (SM-G357FZ) - 4G released Oct 2014 . Not on the list.

(off topic - who said Vx favoured Apple? If so why can't it play m4a music and use bluetooth??!)

·
Registered
179 Posts
There is a microphone in the dashboard somewhere, you can leave your phone in your pocket, i have a galaxy s5, it works no problems

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jarviser said:
Expecting 65 plate Corsa SE. New to phone calls using bluetooth, so....

Is there a microphone in the intellillilllilink unit or the steering wheel, or does it use the phone's microphone (i.e. can I leave it in my jeans pocket or what?)

Also anyone used a Galaxy Ace 4 (SM-G357FZ) - 4G released Oct 2014 . Not on the list.

(off topic - who said Vx favoured Apple? If so why can't it play m4a music and use bluetooth??!)
What do you mean not on the list? Is there a list somewhere of all compatible devices? Also..."Intellillilllilink" haha.
And I don't know if Vauxhall/Opel favour Apple, but I did note that when the car was first released they did stress the Siri works with the car, leaving out Google Now.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes I found one yesterday. can't find it again of course. Had Ace 3, S5. i reckon list was a year old. typical big company. shouldnt grumble they pay most of my pension. if I find the link I'll post it.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
True, though It ought to on a 2015 system. I suspect Google want lots of money for the corporate licence whereas Bringgo are cheap partners.
I may try the 30 day trial but the few times I need it, 50 is too much. Nobody seems to know if its another 50 nexg year, or if you change the car, or the phone. App reviews are not good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It seems it's £50 for the 3 year deal with free updates on the 2nd and 3rd years. Not sure after that about whether you pay for the same deal after that. I can say though it works fine on my Samsung S4 using Bluetooth.
One thing to note though is cars with built in satnavs can cost 100's of pounds to update so £50 for 3 years isn't too expensive against that though agree that Google Maps is free.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The app is on your phone too so will work on the phone anyway and can be changed over to a new phone as it's you who has the contract. I can't answer the change of car though unless it has an Intelilink installed.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good points, folks, and for a while I was led to believe I just had to download an app and that would be it. The car is good value. the Bringgo licence is not IMHO. I find my phone on a cradle with power lead running Google Maps navigation will get me wherever I need almost to the door. Free (well paid for by idiot advertisers) The only requirement is a 3G signal whilst it downloads the route. if there's no O2 I can usually get same on my PAYG Three phone for pennies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.