Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me the best place to jack up the front and rear of the car using a trolley jack. I know about the points by the sill but don't want to damage the sill using a trolley jack with the round Plate type adapter

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
No answers unfortunately.
Those trolley cradles were designed originally to fit under a rear axle diff!
You might have to have a cradle made up by a local welder to fit the jacking points. Pop down to your local tyre fitter and ask them what they do.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
pretty sure it's the points on the axle that are intended for those jacks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
For platform type jacks its mentioned on the manual, pg224 with diagrams. Should be similar for trolleys.
What's interesting is that on pg223 the manual says that versions fitted sill panelling (body kit side skirt?) the jack must not be used as the vehicle may be damaged....any LE owner has had any issues with this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone tell me the best place to jack up the front and rear of the car using a trolley jack. I know about the points by the sill but don't want to damage the sill using a trolley jack with the round Plate type adapter
In the Haynes manual, ref 9, it says "Do not jack the vehicle under the sump or any other steering or suspension components" It suggests using a block of wood with a slot cut in it between the jack or axial stands and the sill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts