Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have a corsa 2001 comfort. I am basically locked out and needing some assistance! The key fob appears to be very worn(have tried changing battery etc but to no avail). I didn't think much of this as I presumed the Key would work in the door - it doesn't! Neither the Door or the Boot are working...Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
if the battery in the key has gone then the key should over ride this, have you tried turning the key and holding it in that position for a couple of seconds

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. No joy im afraid. The key is going in to the lock but it isn't even turning in either the boot or the driver door?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the only key I have for the car...there wouldn't be seperate keys for ignition and door I presume? I'm clueless with cars!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Its likely that the ignition barrel has been replaced on a 14 year old car, so yes you might need two different keys, your problem is that if your key is out of sync with the car you probably need to put your key in the ignition to resync it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just looked in my 2004 manual

Remote control synchronisation
If functionality is lost, synchronise the radio remote control:
1. Switch on ignition; system will then remain in synchronizing mode for 30 seconds.
2. Briefly press button open or close on the radio remotecontrol unit with the unit inserted in the ignition.
3. The central locking system locks and unlocks to show that the remote control has been synchronized.

But you will need to get in the car first.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
This would have been better asked on the allcorsa forums rather than on the Corsa E forums.

anthony said:
Wouldn't it be great if we have just helped somebody steal a 2001 corsa lol :lol:
:lol:

·
Registered
961 Posts
If its deadlocked then without the assistance of a mechanic or breakdown patrol your screwed I'm afraid to say.

If not however you could break into your own car the good old fashioned way, (without givng too much away, somehow get something inside the door to pull the door pin up.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts