Vauxhall Corsa E Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i get my vx line i want to tint the rear windows. Does anyone know what level or %age tint the rear windows are on the Limited Edition?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Think it's something like 75-80% maybe higher.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

·
Registered
961 Posts
I had a look at my loan LE and on the front (standard tint windows) it says in the etching "transparency 70% min" which I believe means they let at least 70% light through (legal limit) so they are 30% tinted and the rear (extra tinted windows) say 40% Max, so I'm guessing this means they've got a 60% tint, ie double the standard tint (all car glass is tinted to some extent, its not just plain glass, mainly to stop the car feeling like a sweatbox on sunny/hot days and to stop the sun blinding you, half open your front window and look through the open part then look through the glass and you'll see its tinted a lot more than you think or a lot more than is obvious to the naked eye when closed.)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks hendry

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
hendry said:
I had a look at my loan LE and on the front (standard tint windows) it says in the etching "transparency 70% min" which I believe means they let at least 70% light through (legal limit) so they are 30% tinted and the rear (extra tinted windows) say 40% Max, so I'm guessing this means they've got a 60% tint, ie double the standard tint (all car glass is tinted to some extent, its not just plain glass, mainly to stop the car feeling like a sweatbox on sunny/hot days and to stop the sun blinding you, half open your front window and look through the open part then look through the glass and you'll see its tinted a lot more than you think or a lot more than is obvious to the naked eye when closed.)
i'v never noticed that before on window markings will have a look 1st thing tomorrow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts